One & Done: Only child
Options

I loved the newborn stage!

Seriously, I see a lot of posts that people aren't loving the newborn stage ... and I am so sorry for that. I truly loved those first 3 months at home.

I must be crazy, because I honestly felt more rested then than I do now!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Re: I loved the newborn stage!

• Options

Lol. I think that might depend entirely on the baby and/or if you suffer PPD or PPA.

My newborn (and her whole infancy) did not sleep for more than 1-2 hours at a time until 11.5 months, would only nap on me or in the car until 5 months, had AR

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagefirewife9278:

Seriously, I see a lot of posts that people aren't loving the newborn stage ... and I am so sorry for that. I tr

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son was great as far as newborns go but I still hated it. It's just meeting needs and so little interaction. Like PP, I love this one year old stage-- so much fun and so many new things you can do with them. I wish I had my leave now instead of at the

• Options
    imageSonadora:

Lol. I think that might depend entirely on the baby and/or if you suffer PPD or PPA.

My newborn (and her who

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

imageeyenigh:
    My son was great as far as newborns go but I still hated it. It's just meeting needs and so little interaction. Like
  • Options
    I had a comparatively easy newborn and I still really didn't like the newborn stage and am thrilled to never have to do that again.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

The newborn stage was fine for me.  I was sleep deprived, of course, but I had nothing to do other than lay around all day with my baby.  But I would not want to go through it again with a rambunctious toddler added to the mix!

(Th

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options

WARNING: tl;dr   :)

I think you must have had a very different baby than mine! 

My girl never cried...except when she was hungry.  And she was ALWAYS hungry. She ate every 2 hours -- at least.  We started to get some 3 h

C is 3 years old

• Options

Omg, I did not need to go into such detail.  Embarrassed! 

Happy to see in the other responses that I was not alone in my anguish!  

C is 3 years old

• Options

I truly envy you.

I don't even remember much of the first three months as I was completely zonked with post partum anxiety.

DD was a super easy going baby, and I wish I had more memory of that time :( 

• Options
    I loved it, too, but I had an easy baby and easy recovery. Then again, I've loved every stage, although my toddler is starting wear me down.
  • Options

I'm not sure if I would say I loved that stage or just my plump little infant.  I do remember having anxiety when DH and I would go to bed because I didn't know how long I'd get to sleep.  She didn't STTN until she started solids at 6 months.

• Options
    Thinking of doing this again causes shortness of breath and tears.

I have a wonderful baby who is usually very easy with the exception of no real napping, but I often find myself unable to enjoy it.

I have everything I ever want
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I loved the newborn stage. Ds slept all day and all night. I was far from sleep deprived. Then 3 months came along, and he decided night sleep just wasn't in the cards anymore...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You are nuts!   I love my little squishy newborn, but I can't wait to know him as a person :-)
  • Options
    image2013mommy:

I think it does depend on the baby. DS is almost 3 months. I haven't had any hugely negative experiences other t

Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

• Options

imageFianschneid:
    I loved it, too, but I had an easy baby and easy recovery. Then again, I've loved every stage, although my toddle

• Options

... and sometimes, it has nothing to do with how the baby was.  I literally had the "perfect" newborn. I kid you NOT, she cried like once a week... if that. She was never a crier. Not when hungry, not when wet, etc.  She also slept through th

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    (and the purpose of this post was certainly not to say I want to do it again - I don't - I just didn't hate the newborn phase, and it wasn't a deciding factor in us being 1&D, you know?)

• Options

imagefirewife9278:
    (and the purpose of this post was certainly not to say I want to do it again - I don't - I just didn't hate the

• Options

I absolutely love my memories of him tiny. I love my pictures, and I miss the way he would froggy up on our shoulders, but I would -never- wave a magic wand to go back there. I put in my dues!

Im really loving

• Options

Yup, you are crazy. 

I had PPD/PPA/PPI (insomnia). I don't remember anything about the first three months as I was a complete zombie.  

• Options

I loved it, too. My newborn never cried unless hungry, ate every 3 hours, STTN by 2 months, and was a dream baby in every way.

I hated 12 - 24 months. My dream baby turned into a demon toddler and made me thank the sweet baby jesus that I wasn't

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wouldn't say I love it, but it's not bad either.  DD is pretty easy going.  Unfortunately, she has MSPI and we're still working out those issues (it's been 6 weeks, somebody tell me it gets better!) otherwise I would maybe be enjoying the n

• Options

I *wish* I had loved the newborn stage  Sad  The first 6 months with my daughter were literally the worst 6 months of my life.  She had MSPI and reflux until she

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BFP #1 - 5/15/10, EDD 2/11/11, missed m/c no heartbeat at u/s, D&C 7/14/10 BFP #2 - 3/14/11, EDD 11/25/11, natural m/c at 5 wks BFP #3 - 4/27/11, DD born 12/14/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekaidekka:

I wouldn't say I love it, but it's not bad either.  DD is pretty easy going.  Unfortunately, she has MS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BFP #1 - 5/15/10, EDD 2/11/11, missed m/c no heartbeat at u/s, D&C 7/14/10 BFP #2 - 3/14/11, EDD 11/25/11, natural m/c at 5 wks BFP #3 - 4/27/11, DD born 12/14/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I really didn't like it. At all. Serious PPD/PPA and such guilt. UGH.

It makes me feel icky to remember it! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Nutzo!! Kidding!

But not really...LOL! I loved it but I hated the no sleep! Ya that was my only issue. BUTTT I just saw my girlfirends new wee squish yesterday and although so cute, still no baby fever. 

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options
    Me too! I see complaints about it a lot on this particular board and I feel sad for people. E was a happy, sleepy, hungry baby who started STTN early so I understand I had an easier time than most. BUt even though I loved the newborn stage, I'm still O&am
  • Options

imageMs.Jade:
    Me too! I see complaints about it a lot on this particular board and I feel sad for people. E was a happy, sleepy, hu
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"