Military Families

BMT Graduation -- Going to Lackland in May!

Hi everyone, I've never posted here before because we're VERY newly a "military family" -- my brother is in Week 1 of BMT right now. 

I'm very excited that we'll be making the trip out to see him graduate from BMT in May (assuming everything goes as planned), but I'm also very nervous as I'll be taking my daughter, who will be 5.5 mos.

My biggest concern is breastfeeding -- will there be issues with me being allowed to feed her while we visit him on base?  Does anybody have experience with this?  I've heard that there are "no designated areas" for breastfeeding, but will I be able to feed her wherever we are? I've got a cover in the mail and I'm planning on starting to use it now so hopefully by then she'll be used to it.

Any other advice/things I should be aware of for bringing such a little one? 

kids with flags

Re: BMT Graduation -- Going to Lackland in May!

• As far as BFing goes, the wife of one of H's coworkers did it at the flight Thanksgiving party and no one seemed to care. The baby was probably about 5 months at the time and she wore him facing her on her front and just wore a stretchy button up top and

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much, I'm glad to hear that someone has had BF experiences without any issue... it seems extra complicated since our communication is strictly snail mail right now and obviously he's worried about things other than where/how his sister is going
    kids with flags
  • Loading the player...
  • It is my understanding that you are allowed to nurse anywhere you are allowed to be on a military base. I never had an issue nursing my twins.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I nursed DD and now DS all over Lackland with no issues ;). Neither of my kiddos tolerated a cover so I just wear a nursing tank under my top and do it discreetly....babies have to eat! The only rules I have heard have been in regards to service women

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Military bases in general are very family friendly places.  I have BFed both of my children at Lackland, in and out of uniform.  Just proceed as normal:)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"