Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Defiance

So we are finally entering a defiance stage with our 23 month old. Lately she has been going completely limp and kicking her legs when she is picked up to go somewhere or leaving a public place she was having fun. She has always been so happy to please until now, and she is definitely testing her limits on everything.... How do you all believe in dealing with this and what works best? Thank you!!!

Re: Defiance

• Options

That's a toddler for ya! When we leave somewhere when she has been having fun, i basically just ignore the behavior and talk to her in a moderate voice. She's a strong little thing, so it can be a struggle getting her into the stroller or carseat, but

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I always try and give warnings so that LO knows that an activity is coming to an end. eg, "we need to leave soon. You have time to go down the slide 4 more times...ok last time down the slide" etc.

But basically the

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKateLouise:

I always try and give warnings so that LO knows that an activity is coming to an end. eg, "we need to leave soon.

• Options

Warnings, like mentioned, about how long until we leave.

Choices, about how to leave (walk or be carried or be flown like an airplane! it's not punitive, it's really offering choices) or choices of other activities.

Calm voice, calm actions

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"