Stay at Home Moms
Options

can we talk about dying easter eggs

How do you dye your eggs?
I bought a pack of the dye tab things today and we are going to dye easter eggs tomorrow. We have a lot of eggs BC dh eats hard boiled eggs like its his job so I figure we will dye all of him.
I kind of wanted to do something a little cooler then just the dye. And I was also thinking about trying to do koolaid, but I've heard mixed reviews.
Soooo
Do you dye easter eggs?
how do you dye them?
When do you dye them?
When do you do with them after?

Re: can we talk about dying easter eggs

• Options
    Because I have SO much time on my hands right now due to bed rest, my friend was over today and we were making Ukrainian eggs. each one takes an hour.
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Options

imageEmmakins87:
    Because I have SO much time on my hands right now due to bed rest, my friend was over today and we were making Ukr

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you dye easter eggs?  Yes

<span style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;line-height:15px;text-

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    Oh, and I do get the Paas kits for the kids. They are not allowed near the staining red dye I use......
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    We use the Pas dying kits but we do Czech eggs at the in laws- blowing out the eggs and wax decorating technique.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageCnAmom:
    I have to Confess that when I read your title I though "who killed all the Easter eggs???" I think it might be past my bedt
  • Options
    I grew up using egg dye kits. I think DD is still too small to dye eggs, so this year we just made Rice Krispie treat surprise eggs and she decorated with sprinkles. We'll probably do the dye thing in a couple of years.
  • Options
    imagejoyfullyfound:

imageEmma
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Options
    We always drew on them with crayons before dying them when I was growing up. We've been dying eggs with DS1 for a few years, and he's really excited thus year. I just use food coloring and vinegar w water. This year I'm going to try turning them into pain
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"