May 2012 Moms
Options

Baby Eczema

I apologize in advance if this subject has been posted a zillion times, but I'm at work and don't have a lot of time to scroll through...

Poor Jaxon has had eczema for quite a few months now, but it seems lately to have gotten much worse.  I asked the doctor a few months ago about it but he didn't seem concerned, and it really doesn't seem to bother Jax, but I don't want to let it get out of hand.  Recently I've noticed large patches on his lower back (where his diaper rubs) on his arms near his elbows, and a little on his face around his ears.  There are some other random patches here and there somtimes also.  I do use the Aveeno Eczema Therapy lotion each night, but to no avail.  Last night we tried the Aveeno Eczema Therapy Oatmeal Bath...we'll see if that helps.

So two questions...one...could it be something he's eating, and if so, what might the likely causes be?  He did start eating yobaby yogurt instead of the Gerber yogurt stuff, but maybe only once a week, if that.  I can't think off the top of my head of anything else in his diet that has changed.  Two...probably a dumb question, but maybe everyone will get a laugh...instead of paying $6 for 5 packs of the oatmeal bath, can I literally just throw oatmeal flakes in the bath?  Or is there another homemade concoction for oatmeal baths?

Thanks Ladies!

Re: Baby Eczema

• Options
    We dealt wit this with DS1. First let me say that a lot of babies get eczema and it just goes away as they get older. DS1 had severe eczema, so I'll tell you what we did for him. Dairy, eggs, wheat, nuts, and soy are all the common allergies. If lo has ha
  • Options

It has always been dairy that causes it for DD...we tried to introduce yogurt at around 6.5months and it caused an outbreak. I stopped. Tried again with yogurt and cotage cheese at 9 months and it took longer to surface and was not as severe but it did

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If it's where the diaper rubs, have you considered trying a different kind of diapers?

Nephew developed eczema where the diaper rubbed and SIL switched to cloth.  Maybe trying a different brand/fabric of diaper may help?!?

ETA: maybe t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD started to show signs of this at the beginning of Winter.  I use Arbonne Baby Care lotion.  It's all natural and has worked great.  It's $15 per bottle and so far it's lasted me 4 months and I still have lots of it left. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love oatmeal baths with real oatmeal I normal put it in the food processor so it's finer than straight from the container. Also I know laundry detergent triggers it with my niece. They also find aveno does nothing but euciren sp? Is great.
    I als
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I stopped on my way home and got the Eucerin lotion and mustela baby wash...we'll see how it goes! Looks like the oatmeal bath helped some.

Thanks for suggesting the website...I'll definitely take a look at that. Just hoping
  • Options
    imagesarahe101:
    We dealt wit this with DS1. First let me say that a lot of babies get eczema and it just goes away as they get older. DS
  • Options

imagejroby9:
    imagesarahe101:<
  • Options
    Thanks sarahe. I actually do have a wegmans right up the street that I need to go to this weekend! I'll check there.
  • Options
    My ds has eczema. Our pedi recommended aveeno baby twice a day and also prescribed desonide. We did that for the month of Nov and it got better. We moved down to aveeno baby once a day at bedtime. Around Feb, it flamed up, again so we are back to using th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"