Multiples
Options

Everybody has thrush :

After about a week of nipple pain and some investigation on my part last night I selfdiagnosed myself and the babies with thrush. It's hard to say who had it first but everybody is uncomfortable. The doc have us nystatin and I'm hoping things clear up quick. Anybody have tips for getting through this quicker? I've been told to sterilize pacifiers, lots of hand washing, rinsing myself/air drying after each feeding, etc.

I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Everybody has thrush :

• Options
    cadencaden member
    My advice is just to switch meds to Diflucan if nystatin doesn't work right away. GL!
  • Options
    Coconut oil.  It is a natural antifungal.  Apply it to your nipples every time you nurse, it will help heal them, kill the yeast and also treat your LOs mouths at the same time.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't heard about coconut oil. Have you used it? I appreciate the advice! So far the twins have gotten 3 doses and I have put it on myself also. Fingers crossed that it works quickly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The nystatin worked pretty quick for us. I did sterilize all their bottles, pacis, etc. I also took a lot of their stuffed toys and blankets and washed them in hot water, and washed a lot of their plastic toys in hot water. They gave me a med to take, but
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 21C
  • Options

you poor thing. We did some time with thrush early on and I've had it with all of my kiddos - not fun at all! 

First of all, try to cut as much sugar from your diet as possible. That will help termendously. Are you on liquid nys

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Change and wash your bras a lot with hot water.
  • Options

I have used coconut oil to treat both oral thrush and a yeast diaper rash.  It is super effective and safe.  I would avoid gentian violet as there is some negative research into recently.  Grapeseed extract is good though.

Coconut

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"