March 2012 Moms
Options

Once a day nappers

DD normally takes two 1.5 hr naps. For the past several days, she's been taking a really long time to go to sleep...like 30 min; no crying just rolling around and playing with her sleep sack. She will still sleep for 1.5 hrs for each nap. 

I guess my question is, how did you know it was time to transition to one nap? I feel like we could go to one since she's taking so long to sleep, but both her naps are still pretty long! When she cut out her third nap, it was a fight AND the nap would be 15 min. 

Re: Once a day nappers

• Options
    I knew it was time when DD started fighting naps. That first week was rough. But it got much better after that. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options

imagecountrygrl5533:
    I knew it was time when DD started fighting naps. That first week was rough. But it got much better after that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelisadfox:

imagecountrygr

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    I had a similar experience to countrygirl - she started really fighting and getting angry and cry when I would lay her down and we were pushing back longer and longer. And not the "oh I am sleepy but I still want to play" kind of cry - like the roaring ma
    image        image
  • Options
    I thought we were almost ready to drop to 1 nap about a week ago, but DS's back to 2 nice long naps (1-1.5hr in the morning and 1-2.5hrs in the afternoon)now. He was doing what OP was describing, with playing in his crib for 30mins or more before finally
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    imagekbruington:

The day before my son turned 1 he dropped himself to 1 nap a day. He would normally go down for his morning nap ar

• Options
    Jane dropped herself to one 2 hour nap per day last week.  It was glorious - she was getting more daytime sleep (so she was in a better mood) AND sleeping better at night.  This week she's decided to go back to two 30-45 minute naps :(.  I'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS went through a stretch like this that turned out to be part of the 12/13 month sleep regression - evidently fighting the morning nap is a very common aspect of it.  It's entirely possible that she's ready to transition to one nap, but I thought I'
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    imageKrsCrp83:
    DS went through a stretch like this that turned out to be part of the 12/13 month sleep regression evidently fighting th
  • Options

We cut the morning nap around the same time he started weaning. He just didn't seem interested in sleeping for very long. He was more into playing.

He now takes a longer afternoon nap.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS always had two naps..one around 10 am and one around 3. But this past weekend we were out and about and he just never got sleepy like he normally does so Sunday we only did one nap as well. I asked daycare yesterday when I picked him up if his naps

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    We knew it was time when he started waking at night again or waking too early. Now our dayhome puts him down at 10:30 and he sleeps till 12:30 then bed time is 7:30pm and he wakes at 6:45am. It was a bit of of an adjustment at first but it only took a cou
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"