September 2011 Moms
Options

Girl Moms - ?

This summer Baby will be in 0-3m clothing and be pretty tiny, newborn through 2 months.  How do I dress her?

With Augie, I loved doing onesies and shorts, and actually his first few weeks he rocked just a straight onesie.  But with baby girl I am dying over all the cute dresses.  I'm a onesie addict, Augie still wears them.  But I can't really put a onesie under a summery dress huh?

I'm finding nice dresses at Kohls (Carters brand) that have built in bloomers with a snapcrotch.  I like that her diaper won't be exposed and her belly will stay covered.  What do you do about the dresses that don't have that?  I know in colder weather I'll do a onesie and tights under a long sleeve dress but I'm concerned about this summer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girl Moms - ?

• Options

DD pretty much lived in cotton sleepers at first. She was born in the end of August, so there wasn't much of summer left. Remember newborns wear more than you do, so the dress may not be enough.

Now the next summer, when she was 9-12 months, she

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I really liked these styles last summer for B. She wasn't an itty-bitty newborn, but they worked well when it was really hot. Simple, not fussy, but cuter than a onesie.

Sunsuit

<A href="https://www.bonton.com/shop/kids/baby-girls-appare

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My July baby was usually in a onesie and pants, and a long sleeve shirt. We used a lot of sleep and plays, too. We keep our A/C on all summer, and we were always told to have her in one more layer than we had on, as a newborn. We only use dresses for spec
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options

Those onesie/dresses with the snapcrotch are the best!  It's like a onesie, but with a built in skirt.  Ditto PP about smaller size dresses coming with a diaper cover or bloomers - most all of them do when they're that small.  T had a fe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ha ali, I have that pink sunsuit with the bee and that yellow creeper for her already!
  • Options

DD1 was a Feb baby, but in CA so she got to wear summer stuff early ;) We did the sunsuits (the snap crotch dresses) and rompers if I wanted her looking cute, but for every day she pretty much wore a onesie. If it was a little cooler, I put baby legs o

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Rompers/sunsuits/creepers or onesies.  This might be a UO here, but I hate dresses for baby girls.  This is the first summer that DD will possibly be wearing them regularly.  They're just so impractical for infants.  You can't easily b
  • Options

This should probably be my UO.  I don't think dresses are very cute on baby girls who don't walk yet and especially tiny babies.  They just don't even look like a dress, they just look silly to me,

L lived in a onesie and/or a sleep &am

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagebets2011:
    Rompers/sunsuits/creepers or onesies.  This might be a UO here, but I hate dresses for baby girls.  This i
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We rock dresses all the time with bloomers.  Even now my go to for her is a dress instead of pants.  Just easier with the CD and they look so great in dresses.
  • Options

Last summer, L mostly wore onesies or sunsuits (like a onesie but with a little skirt-like ruffle).  If we went out, I put a pair of cotton shorts over her onesie, but of course this was when she was mobile.  For a tiny one, probably just a o

• Options

Catherine has worn mostly dresses since she was born.  4 years of boy clothes covered in puppies and trucks and I was so ready for girly stuff!  

Most come with bloomers for under the dress and i bought a few plain white ones for the oc

• Options
    Too be honest, DD wore the Carter rompers throughout her first three summers.  She did have a few sundresses that she wore for special occasions but other than that I just didn't.  I especially hated having her belly bare which is what tends to
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"