January 2013 Moms

Uhg, DS exposed to the nasty

***sorry so long*** 

I get THE phone call from my daycare lady yesterday at 3:30pm and immediately I know something is up because she NEVER calls. She just started having some diarrhea and wanted me to come pick up DS just incase she ends up sick. So I go get him right away. She tells me she doesn't have a fever, not throwing up just extra trips to the bathroom. Now, I know she is very very good with hand sanitizer. She uses it after every diaper change, before every feeding and after handling any of the kids' or her own business (potty, runny nose, sneezing, etc). 

After I put DS in my car I used baby sanitizing wipes for hands and face to wipe him down the best I could (he loves to suck on his hands lately). And when I got him home I changed his diaper and once again wiped him entirely down head to toe and put new clothes on him. He acted fine, but I still continued to pray he would not get sick.

Fast forward to today, DS went to my Mom's for the day. And just now my daycare lady calls and says she can't watch kids tomorrow either because she was up all night throwing up, diarrhea and a fever. Now I'm terrified he will get sick too. My Mom said he has been a little fussy today, but also very talkative and has smiled and laughed quite a bit. But he also has a ton of congestion so she thinks that is resulting in his fussiness. She has been monitoring his temperature all day and his poops which he hasn't pooped yet but is peeing and eating very very well. 

Luckily he has a doctor's appointment today at 5pm to get his cold and congestion checked up on...I plan to tell his doctor about his daycare and ask how long until symptoms show up if he is going to get sick. This could be a very ugly weekend....or I could be making a mountain out of mole-hill.

Asking for prayers and positive thoughts! I hope it's a happy Easter and not full of sickness. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: Uhg, DS exposed to the nasty

• Praying he won't get sick!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm praying for you guys, hope he dsnt get sick!!! That's a fear of mine. Have a great Easter weekend
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageloreeann86:
    I'm praying for you guys, hope he dsnt get sick!!! That's a fear of mine. Have a great Easter weekend
    </BLOCK

Anniversary

• My DH had a bug a few weeks ago and I too was terrified. However DD and I escaped it thankfully! And my husband isn't nearly as careful with the sanitizer as it seems your sitter is.

I did a bunch of research that said unless you come into d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My 5 year old DS is currently sleeping on the couch after spending the majority of the day so far throwing up.  It's definitely on my mind that the baby will get it...ugh.
  • imageArichison08:
    My DH had a bug a few weeks ago and I too was terrified. However DD and I escaped it thankfully! And my husband i

Anniversary

• I have good news and bad news for you. The bad news is that some stomach bugs, like norovirus, aren't killed by hand sanitizer, only soap and water.

The good news is that if you're breastfeeding, it is supposedly very protective against stomach b

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"