Blended Families
Options

NBFR: smh stupid pageants

This has just become one of those battles I have had to pick and choose not to fight. They're not going overboard, but I really despise seeing SD being caked with make upam for a pageant. I have never even worn that much make up in my life. She isn't even 7 yet!

Ugh, just one of those things that I need to give up the reins on and cheer in the stands for, I guess.

But seriously wtf are all the pageant people freaking thinking? Teenage pageants are different than toddler/child pageants. I would not have a problem with SD doing this at 16.

Re: NBFR: smh stupid pageants

• Options
    Ok maybe I do not get it because I am from the NE but I hate the ideas of kids being in pageants and think they are so explotative.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

I don't think it's better at 8, 12 or 16.  The message is the same - your body and your face require a whole, whole lot of edits in order for you to be pretty.  And being pretty is the most important thing.  Pageant prep involves very li

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok since others have chimed in I am going to ask why SD is even doin pageants. The idea of a 6 or 7yo that has been molested being made up to basically look like a hooker makes me want to puke.
  • Options
    First of all, I totally agree with all of you. 100 and completely. Let me say these are not glam pageants that you see on Toddlers and Tiaras. These are a different category. But I still hate them and agree with you all 100.

But I have made
  • Options
    Who is "they"? BM and your DH??? BM should have NO say since you guys have her and all of the other ongoing circumstances and DH would be getting an ear full from me until he agreed that it was a dumb decision knowing SD's circumstances.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    No, theu as in DH and all of his family MIL and cousins. Theu all grew up the pageant life, even DH until he was about 9 or so. And they are real big on physical appearances and fitness for the wrong reasons.

But as I said, this is not someth
  • Options

At least they are compromising a little on your wishes.  I know exactly what you mean though on feeling like you have no say in what happens with stepchildren.  It's a frustrating position to be in sometimes.

At that age I would assume

• Options
    Wow I have no idea why you are fighting o make you marriage work except that you do not want to lose SD. There are numerous occasions where your DH treats you like scum and I really think you deserve more than your upbringing and marriage have to offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"