Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

XP: Baby gate - top & bottom of stairs?

XP on 12-24 mo Toddler:  We are moving into a new house in a couple of weeks that will be 2 levels.  Our current temporary home (we've been living here since DD was 16mos old) has a second level which has a baby gate & a curtain hanging in front of it (at the bottom of the stairs to prevent her/dog from going up) - just the laundry & a guest room is up there, we "live" on the main level and only go up for laundry.  DD doesn't attempt to go up them or bust through the gate unless I'm going up to do laundry and we go together - she manages the stairs very well on her own.

In our new home, bedrooms will be upstairs, living space downstairs.  Will I need to baby gate both the top & bottom of the staircase?  Just the top?  She's going to stay in DC while I'm on maternity leave in a few weeks, I'm wary of me having trouble navigating gates in a new house while sleep deprived!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Baby gate - top & bottom of stairs?

• Options
    J234J234 member
    I would gate the top and bottom of the stairs.  Better to be safe.   
  • Options
    We only put a gate at the top of the stairs. The back of our house is one long room, kitchen family room. And we were able to block those off from the hallway so DS wasn't able to get to the bottom of the steps unsupervised. He now navigates the stairs re
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    We have our stairs gated so my 2yo can't go up and down as he pleases. He has to wait for one of us to go with him. He manages the stairs just fine but he did miss a step just a couple of weeks ago and slipped. DH caught him. He is also still in his crib

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"