Blended Families

Daycare Policy ?

We have a website connected to DDs daycare center that keeps us updated on what she's doing through the day, when she naps, eats, poops, ect. Today there was a message on there to all parents. It said that if your child was going to be late or not coming in then you need to call by 9 AM or you won't be garunteed a spot. This kind of pisses me off because I am a hairdresser for a big salon and my schedule is always changing. Sometimes, a lot of times I drop her off at ten. We pay for a full time spot whether she attends or not. I shouldn't have to worry about showing up at 9:30 or 10 and not having care for my daughter on a day that they have already been paid to care for her. I get that its good to know if the child will be there or not for staffing/food prep/whatever, but I just think its outrageous to deny care in the case that we forget to call on a hectic morning.

Am I in the wrong here? Is this change in policy normal?

Re: Daycare Policy ?

• I've never asked why, but that's how the daycares are here too. Except their limit is 8am. It sounds like calling them, or doing a face to face at the next drop off, to explain your situation may help you get clarification and or understanding

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• DS's daycare had a similar policy, but it was definitely more of a request. I feel really strongly that if you pay for a full time spot, denying care is total bullsh!t. 

Maybe call and speak with the director? 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard to get 10 kids on the same schedule when they're coming at all different times. Daycare is designed truly for people who work 9 to 5 with not much wiggle room any other way.

This is why we have to do a nanny or friend care. I work a
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 9 AM makes sense to me - they have to level teachers across classes, etc.  Based on your schedule, would they make an exception if you let them know when you were NOT bringing DC in?  If DC is there most of the time, it meets their need and your
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is in a dayhome and I pay for a full time spot regardless of whether he is there full time or not

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The way I'm reading that, it says that if your child is coming later than contracted or not coming in at all, then you need to let the center know by 9 am. To me, it doesn't say that they have to be there by 9 am. So, unless you tell them you are comin

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It sounds like a pretty normal policy. But I would give the daycare a call and ask.  With a changing schedule sometimes a home daycare situation might work better than a center. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekali55:
    DS is in a dayhome and I pay for a full time spot regardless of whether he is there full time or not
    <br
  • The policy would piss me off too....especially if I'm paying for my full time spot.
  • imageSimpleJane:
    imagekali55:

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"