Oregon Babies
Options

relocating to eugene

i'm looking for recommendations for eugene area services, i'll be moving there shortly after the start of the new year from the oregon coast.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: relocating to eugene

• Options

If you're looking for an OB, I highly recommend Dr. Richard Beyerlein of Pacific Women's Center on Coburg Road. He is wonderful - and I've heard nothing but good things about the other OBs in the practice.

I'd be happy to make other recommendations if you can be more specific about the services you're needing to arrange.

• Options
    imagejess9802:

If you're looking for an OB, I highly recommend Dr. Richard Beyerlein of Pacific Women's Center on Coburg Road. He is wonderful - and I've heard nothing but good things about the other OBs in the practice.

I'd be happy to make other recommendations if you can be more specific about the services you're needing to arrange.

at this point i'm hoping for a vbac so i'm interested in care providers that allow it after 2 previous csections. where i currently am there are very very few that will.  i'm also looking for pediatricians, both for the new baby and my older children. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I believe both hospitals in the area permit VBACs, but what individual doctors will recommend or be willing to go along with may vary. I do not know what the policy is at my doctor's office. Dr. Beyerlein explained to me that he has a very low rate of interventions compared to other doctors in the area - he specifically said lowest rate of primary C-sections and inductions; the other doctors in his practice also have low rates of interventions but not as low as his. He was always willing to answer questions and explain his recommendations in depth, and so when he made a recommendation I trusted that it was because he genuinely believed it was the best/safest option, and not something he does "just because." He delivers at both McKenzie-Willamette and Sacred Heart. Beyond that, I don't know how conservative he is with VBACs or VBA2Cs. 

Our son sees Dr. Pilar Bradshaw at Eugene Pediatric Associates. She is fantastic, but it is a very busy practice. You can check out their website at eugenepeds.com. They will do a meet and greet. My sisters-in-law used to take their kids to Dr. Laura Sanderson of Crescent Family Medical and spoke very highly of her, though she no longer does a meet and greet beforehand, which was a dealbreaker for me. 

• Options
    imagejess9802:

I believe both hospitals in the area permit VBACs, but what individual doctors will recommend or be willing to go along with may vary. I do not know what the policy is at my doctor's office. Dr. Beyerlein explained to me that he has a very low rate of interventions compared to other doctors in the area - he specifically said lowest rate of primary C-sections and inductions; the other doctors in his practice also have low rates of interventions but not as low as his. He was always willing to answer questions and explain his recommendations in depth, and so when he made a recommendation I trusted that it was because he genuinely believed it was the best/safest option, and not something he does "just because." He delivers at both McKenzie-Willamette and Sacred Heart. Beyond that, I don't know how conservative he is with VBACs or VBA2Cs. 

Our son sees Dr. Pilar Bradshaw at Eugene Pediatric Associates. She is fantastic, but it is a very busy practice. You can check out their website at eugenepeds.com. They will do a meet and greet. My sisters-in-law used to take their kids to Dr. Laura Sanderson of Crescent Family Medical and spoke very highly of her, though she no longer does a meet and greet beforehand, which was a dealbreaker for me. 

thank you so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejess9802:

thank you so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejess9802:

I also have Dr. Beyerlein and love him!  I delivered DD at Riverbend and the hospital was wonderful.  I don't know anything about VBACs but I think they are allowed at both hospitals.  Not sure about Dr. B. 

ETA:  Dr. B's c/s rate is below 5%--which is amazing.  I agree with PP--he doesn't do something just bc he can.  I also have Pilar Bradshaw as a Pedi and we love her as well.  The office is busy, but we have never had a problem with waiting very long or not being able to get in when DD is sick.  We do see the Physician's Assistants quite a bit, but we have no complaints about them either. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekismitj:
    imagejess9802:

thank you so much!

You're welcome! I will say that I was not happy with my experience delivering at RiverBend - it's a beautiful hospital, but very busy and I don't think I had the most attentive care. The breastfeeding support was so very unhelpful and a major part of my issues with having given birth there. Although it's a few years away before we have a second baby, I am considering McKenzie-Willamette - everyone I know who's delivered there has spoken very highly of the OB nurses. Dr. Beyerlein and two of his partners deliver there.

If you need to consult with a lactation consultant after baby is born, I will also recommend Miffy Davis at Women's Care on Country Club Road. She was absolutely fantastic and so helpful in the first two weeks of my son's life, much better than the hospital LC or any of the nurses. I don't think we would have made it this far with breastfeeding if it weren't for her.

• Options

I adore my OB!! Dr. Catherine York at Women's Care across from Riverbend Hospital in Springfield. I had a very pleasant experience delivering at Riverbend! I'm expecting again and am actually looking forward to my experience there!

My daughter sees Dr. Leslie Pelinka at the Riverbend Pavilion that is next to the hospital :)

• Options

I love my OB, Dr. Konradi at Oregon Medical Group.

Our pedi is Dr. Bouressa at  peacehealth and he is great also.  

As for hospitals, I had a great experience at  McKenzie-Willamette. My son came very quickly and was delivered by the nurses there- they were fantastic. 

DS 3/11 * CP 6/12 * BFP 12/10/12, EDD 8/20/13
    Pic3
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I also had Dr Catherine York at women's center with my first.  She was fantastic.  Not sure about Pediatrician's.  We go to one in Corvallis because of insurance is cheaper.
  • Options
    I see Dr. Sara Gerhards at Pacific Women's Center. I believe she does VBACs. She is wonderful and does very little interventions. We are going to deliver at McKenzieWillamette per her recommendation.
    image   image
  • Options
    imagemommybugx2:
    I also had Dr Catherine York at women's center with my first.  She was fantastic.  Not sure about Pediatrician's.  We go to one in Corvallis because of insurance is cheaper.
    thank you :) sorry i haven't been replying, we're currently getting ready for the move so chaotic is an understatement!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thats ok.  I know moving is not fun.  I've done it 3 times in the last 6 years and will probably be moving in a year or so.  Moving sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"