Nurseries and Baby Gear

FTM Do I need these?

I'm going to be buying up the things we still need since the shower. I still dont have a baby bathtub. I was going to get a small one that folds up and I realize it will only last a few months or so but I don't have a place to store a bigger one. Is a baby bath a must have?

Also, we only have 5 bottles so far and they are 3 different brands. Should I buy more now or wait to see what the baby likes? I do hope to BF, so if thats successful, bottles will be for rare occasions.

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FTM Do I need these?

• There are people who manage without  a baby tub, but for me it was a must. We use it until the baby is sitting and is stable enough to stay up in the big bathtub (around 7-8 months if I remember correctly). I can see bathing a bigger baby in the s

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You have plenty of bottles.

You will probably get a range of answers on the tub. We had the FP whale tub and used it until 8 to 9 mos the switched cold turkey to the regular bath. Dd was 5 lbs and has stayed on the skinny side. I couldn't im
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We still use the baby bath tub in the kitchen sink and DD is just over 6 months. For me it's a must, it would be such a pain to bend over the tub to wash her.

Wait to buy more bottles. It took us three different brands before we found ones th
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're fine on bottles.

We still use the baby bathtub. For one, DS sits up well, but every once in a while he'll get lazy and fall back or to the side. I'd hate for that to happen in the tub - ouch. Also, our bathtub is a pain, and my mom can't b

• We have the Puj tub and I love it!  Super easy to use in the bathroom sink.  I c

• We also have the Puj tub. With dd and DS, we had a big tub. But, we have moved and our kids now share a bathroom and with a 10 and 8 year old showering, I just didn't want to store another of those big tubs. Plus, I knew I wanted to use the sink, not lean
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Thanks everyone. You've all been very helpful.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LC122LC122 member
    We do have a tub but for whatever reason, for a long time I just got in the tub with her. I would get in first and H would hand her to me and same with getting out. If I had to do it solo, I would pull her bouncy seat up to the tub and get in the tub firs
  • pnutgpnutg member
    imagembm1983:
    summer infant bath seat that folds up all the way! we have a tub with a small bathroom. and small sinks so it's difficult

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never had a baby bathtub and I never missed it. We bathed her in the kitchen sink when she was really little and the regular tub when she was older.

Bottles...hold off until you know what the baby likes.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• We had a second hand bath tub and it was good while we used it. 

We planned on EBFing, and did for 2 months. Glad we had some bottles around. When we switched to FF, I went into Walmart and randomly grabbed a 3-pakc off the shelf bc I had no

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"