Baby Showers
Options

Is it ok to invite people to baby shower

That were not invited to our wedding?

Re: Is it ok to invite people to baby shower

• Options
    Your baby shower has absolutely nothing to do w/ your wedding.  Wedding shower - yes, related.  Baby shower - not related.   At all.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I did.  Weddings are very expensive, you can't invite everyone when the price is $75 ahead and up.  I didn't invite any of my second cousins and felt horrible, but the money wasn't there.  I was very happy to be able to invite to the baby s
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is toatally ok. When my wedding happend we had just moved to the town we are in now and only had a few friends; now we have a bunch more here locally who I am sure would feel left out if they weren't invited to a shower.
  • Options
    Totally fine!  They are two separate events; apples to oranges.  I've been married almost 2 years now and our circle of friends has changed a bit...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I did.

I didn't even know some of the people that were invited to my baby shower when I got married, so there's that.

Also, my mom hosted my baby shower, and she invited a lot of her co-workers, who were also not invited to my wedding.&nbsp

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

imagegradbeth:
    I did.  Weddings are very expensive, you can't invite everyone when the price is $75 ahead and up</stro
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I certainly hope so! Our wedding was 9 years ago...

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    imageCangel24:

imagegradbeth:
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageEastCoastBride:
    imageCangel
  • Options
    I agree that the events are not related, and circles of friends often change, so totally fine to invite different people to your shower.  However, I kind of disagree with the poster above who said there wasn't money to invite people to her wedding, b
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Of course, they are two completely separate events.  However, unless you didn't know them at the time of your wedding, if they weren't close enough to you to be at your wedding, then they probably still aren't that close to you, and shouldn't be invi
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    um....yes?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    It's a separate event, yes? Why in the world would it matter??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Pretty much going to echo every post here. The two events are not relatable, but you should still exercise discretion in who you invite to your shower. Like PP have said, if they weren't close enough to you to invite to your wedding back then, truly exami

• Options
    What were the reason why they weren't invited to the wedding? If it was something negative, then I wouldn't invite them to baby shower. But other than that, these two are different events, invite who you want and think would want to be there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"