High-Risk Pregnancy

Polyhydramnios anyone?

I had a growth ultrasound yesterday and found out that I have polyhydramnios. My amniotic fluid is at 29 and apparently the normal level should be between 5 - 25. My doctor recommended that I get non-stress tests for the baby twice a week and they'll also be re-checking my fluid levels periodically.  I will also be getting another growth ultrasound at 36 weeks.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so, were they able to find out why you have too much fluid?  They sent me back for another glucose test, even though I passed at 28 weeks.  I am also having my antibody level checked again (I have Anti Big E, which can cause additional fluid; however, to date, my levels have been very low so unless the levels are rising, that is not likely the reason).  

I am little nervous about this and just wondering if there are others out there dealing with this.  I have read that it affects only 1% of pregnancies.   Thanks!

Re: Polyhydramnios anyone?

• I had high fluid near the end of my second pregnancy, most likely caused by my GD. Around 30 weeks they sent me for a growth u/s because I was measuring big by fundal height, and they found my AFI levels to be about 26-27 and my baby to be on the small si
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you.  I'm glad to hear that you did not have any additional complications!

• Loading the player...
  • I have had this with both pregnancies. With my first I had zero issues and DD is as healthy as can be and has zero problems. This time around I have had issues with PTL but the baby is healthy and so far we haven't had any health issues. They have no idea
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I measured at 29 at 28 weeks. They said its because of GD. I am hoping it goes down now that I am watching my diet and checking my sugar.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"