March 2012 Moms

Since we were already talking about naps...

My DD is still taking two 2 hour (sometimes longer) naps a day, and doesn't show signs of wanting to give one up. She sleeps from about 9-9:30 - 6:30-7:00. Any one else still have a LO taking 2 long naps day?

Sometimes I think it would be a little more convenient if she took one, but she seems to need the sleep. Any thoughts? How old is "normal" for them to go down to 1 nap a day? 

Re: Since we were already talking about naps...

• I think it just depends on the kid.  My DD is not a good napper at my mom's.  So, Tuesday she only had an afternoon nap and seemed fine.  She wasn't cranky leading up to her nap and slept 2 hours.  So, today and tomorrow I purposefu

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS still naps twice a day. Usually 1 to 1.5 hrs in the morning and the same in afternoon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD goes down between 8 and 9 and sleeps till 7:15 every morning and then takes 1 really long nap from 11:30 - 2:30 and then one on the way home from daycare for about 30 min.  I think it is totally normal.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think the general consensus is most babies are down to 1 nap by 18 months, sometime between 12 months and 18 months is in the realm of "normal". DS still takes 2 long naps and STTN great. Here's a good link for nap info: <a href="https://www.babycenter.c
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • I think the people whose babies are down to one nap a day are in the minority. It's normal for babies to nap twice day until around 18 months. My DD is still taking 2 naps a day for a total of 3 hours worth of nap per day.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thanks everyone. :) This was extremely helpful.

I know my DD goes down later than average. Part of that is my husband leaves at 5:30 am and gets home at 5:30 pm. We wouldn't get much, if any family time if she went down earlier and she never seem

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"