Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

need to fire Dr.?

Need some opinions, just suffered 2nd miscarriage in five months on tues. Saw Dr. Monday, spotting had started and no heartbeat, baby stopped growing 7weks. Asked Dr. if miscarriage would happen on its own since I had already started to bleed, he said cervix was closed didn't expect it to happen soon, could be long process, d c quickest way to expel pregnancy and know for sure all is out. I was a little hesitant because needed dc few months ago for missed miscarriage.
Well... following day miscarriage happened on its own, called office 4pm told them cramping and bleed gotten severe, worried if need to go to hospital? Nurse gets on phone says we will move dc to morning, asked should we wait to see if it goes ok on own, she said dc will save you trouble? ? Doc never got on phone...4:45 assistant calls to confirm time in am, tell her bleeding has gotten BAD, when during the night should I go to hospital if worsens, I'm concerned? "You won't need to, will be fine til tomorrow" no call from Doc. Now filling pad in 20 min, call office at 5 service picks up and has on call Dr.call me, he talks me through it...at this point sac and placenta seemed to be out he feels worst is over and agrees to wait for d and c if cramping improves over next few hours. Things improve so call service to cancel early am dandc so Dr doesn't show up. Apparently he never gets message, sows up has no idea what's going on, leaves message for me to call office? Call office ask to speak with him or at least his nurse...front desk comes back just schedule follow up u/s for Friday. Doctor never gets on phone...never calls me to follow up? I know how busy they are, I understand that, but am I crazy to think once he was advised what was going on he would at least have his nurse check in??? My former obgyn gave us his cell number!
Just need some opinions, last thing I want is to look for new doctor in the middle of this but.....

Re: need to fire Dr.?

• Options
    It is really common for the nurse to be the one to call you back, etc. However, if you aren't confident or comfortable with the way your doctor handles things, by all means find a new one. You need to have a doctor you are confident in and trust. So sorry
  • Options

imagemandi195:
    It is really common for the nurse to be the one to call you back, etc. However, if you aren't confident or comfortab
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the input, such an emotional time, I wouldn't want to make rash decision, understandable these health care "professionals" deal with this sort of thing daily.
    Decision made to go elsewhere, called to cancel follow up appointment and le
  • Options

That is a tough call.  I had to change OB/GYN due to moving so being pregnant was the first time I saw the new Dr. When I had my missed miscarriage my hubby was not with me and I drove myself thinking it was just an exam that day.  When we fo

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Wow, I want the name of your first doc! What a kind thing to do, obviously that type is a RARE find. I agree with you, unfortunately even a good doctor is only as strong as his weakest link. I'm certain much of this is from lack of his staff relaying mess
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"