feeling so relieved -re: daycare — The Bump
December 2010 Moms

feeling so relieved -re: daycare

So I've posted a few times how DS has had a hard time transitioning to being at daycare 3 days per week. When I would ask him how his day was, he'd say, "I sad. I cried". So I'd say, "Aww, did you cry a little or did you cry a lot?" To which he'd say, "I cry big!"  It was heartbreaking! I asked him if he wanted to stay there, and that if he wasn't happy there, we'd find a new school for him to go to. He'd say, "different school!"

The director allowed him to go all 5 days of the week for a few weeks at no extra charge, in hopes that he'd get acclimated faster. We also had a meeting with the director to sort out some things that we thought could be done better to help us know how he was doing. This was working, but with him being out b/c he was sick so much, it all just cancelled itself out.

But anyway, the past week or 2, it's been like a switch has been flipped. He doesn't cry at drop off, or pick up! (That was another thing - he'd cry as soon as he saw me & just keep repeating, "go home now, go home now")

The other day when we were leaving, he waved & said bye to all the kids by name -"bye Alex!, bye Zoe!", etc.

When I asked him how his day was yesterday, he said, "fun! So happy!" I seriously nearly cried right there.

Today is his day home & he actually asked to go to school! 

Please, God, let hm keep this up! What a huge weight lifted. I was feeling so guilty shipping him off for the day just thinking of him being so unhappy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: feeling so relieved -re: daycare

• Oh yay!! I'm glad He is having a better time! We sympathize with you, we have had a rough transition as well since A only goes 3 days a week too. He still cries a little at drop off but his and J's teachers assure us he is done by the time H is at the fro
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This is wonderful news!!! I'm so happy that A is loving DC now.  DH and I were just talking this morning about this little boy (W) in C's class that must have started right around the time that A started at his own DC.  W would cry terribly ever
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay! Thats great! G doesn't go to DC but I could only imagine how hard it was to leave him there if he were truly unhappy=(. I'm glad hes having fun now!
  • Glad it's going well!

That's how it was with us, one day a flip switched somewhere in her brain and daycare is the best thing ever. She pushes me to leave at drop off, doesn't want to leave at pick up, it's great. Whereas before, it was crying

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• That is seriously awesome news!  YAY!  I know I feel awful when G has one bad day (maybe a bad drop off, pickup or both), so I can imagine how much more awful this has been for you.  What a relief.  I hope it keeps up too!

• Yeah! So glad he's starting to like it. E has always been in DC and sometimes I wonder if he really prefers to be there sometimes with all of his friends! I'm sure he'll keep doing better and better.
  • That's great news! I'm so glad he is adjusted!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • How wonderful! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

•  

Thanks, girls!

imageenjoylife:
    Oh yay!! I'm glad He is having a better time! We sympathize with you, we have had

• My gosh, that is heartbreaking.... I'm glad to hear that you stuck with it and now he loves it!  Congrats!

• kj07kj07 member
    I'm glad it finally clicked with him.  How great for both of you!
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards