Infertility
Options

FET question - I'm new on here!

Hi!  I'm new here and had a question for all of you FET veterans.  I had my ER 3/19 and due to the number of eggs retrieved and having OHSS during the retrieval, my RE decided to not do a fresh transfer and to go the freeze-all route.  While I did have 37 eggs, only 13 were mature, 9 fertilized right away and 4 made it to the freeze on day 6.  That is kind of the history. 

My question is - do you think there is any way they would do the FET in April?  Did anyone get their transfer the month after their retrieval, or did you have to wait a cycle of two?  After I came to the day of the retrieval, they said May or June, but when the RE assistant came in and saw how upset I was, she said maybe April.  I wanted to see what your all's stories are. 

Thank you!

Re: FET question - I'm new on here!

• Options
    There are a variety of FET protocols that vary a lot in length and complexity. An unmedicated FET just follows your natural cycle; an antagonist FET is also fairly short but offers more flexibility for optimizing preparation. A more traditional protocol s
    +++
  • Options

I'm in a similar situation - and I won't know my exact FET protocol until early next week - I expect my transfer to be at the end of April/early May.   But I am moving right into a FET after my ER (without doing an ET). 

That said

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see.  When was your ER?  AF should come this weekend/early next week and at that point, I will make my next appointment and I'm sure we will discuss the protocol.  I'm just upset b/c I thought I would get the fresh transfer and didn't fin
  • Options

imageJulieannT15:
    I see.  When was your ER?  AF should come this weekend/early next week and at that point, I will make m
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Options
    You should be able to do it in april. they freeze them, and do a fresh transfer asthey would have done this month. but everyone is diff. some doctors make you wait a month and be off of stems. so check with your nurse. good luck hun
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"