Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

5th time and emotionally drained

This is my fifth m/c in 2 1/2 years. This pregnancy we tried ivf because we chose to have pgd testing (genetic testing) on the embryos before transfer. All of my m/c have been unexplained, both my husband and I check out fine and trust me, we've been through the gauntlet of testing.

Ive handled my other losses pretty well but I'm taking this one pretty hard. I've been getting u/s and bloodwork done twice a week and everything looked so good. I saw our baby's heartbeat several times but at today's appt there was no longer a heartbeat. I just feel so defeated, we have 6 frozen embryos and this afternoon I told my husband that I'm not sure I want to try again. This is the first time I've ever said this. I've always been quick and eager to try again. It's just that with the shots, the hormones and all the other meds that go with ivf it took a lot out of me.  I'm seriously contemplating surrogacy with our other embryos. It's just so expensive and we already spent over 15,000 with the ivf.

so sorry for my rant, just the thoughts going through my head at this time. Losing a baby sucks! I wish no one would have to go through this. (Sidebar- I'm an l&d nurse and it normally doesn't bother me but this week we had two people deliver that we're high on drugs....so frustrating-the ones who try so hard sometimes have the hardest time) 

Me (29) DH (34) married 11/24/2007 TTC for 2 1/2 years 3/11 9 wk m/c d&c 6/11 ectopic pregnancy methotrexate 11/11 5 wk m/c 6/12 5 wk m/c 8/12 hysteroscopy followed by several rounds of close monitoring and clomid 1/13 ER 18 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 after 5 day growth, PGD testing 6 girls, 2 boys 2/14/13 transfer of two embeds 1 girl 1 boy 2/25 beta --171, progesterone low 9, changed from suppositories to pio 2/27 beta #2--392, progesterone 21.9 yea it's working!

Re: 5th time and emotionally drained

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    I'm sorry for your losses. 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options

This is so awful, I'm so sorry.  I lost one and am having such a hard time with it, I can't even imagine.  My mom had 7 miscarriages throughout her life, and has 3 kids, so hopefully even though you have had 5, maybe it could still happen.&nb

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Would you have someone that could do it for you? 

I'm sorry for your losses. This is my first loss, and I can't imagine the pain.  I hope you get your thb soon. Good Luck

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your dedication to becoming a mother is admirable. I wanted to comment on your difficulty with work and women who aren't behaving very motherly (to say the least). I really identified with your comment and not many peop
    baby p will arrive in late October... :-) sooo excited! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry  :(   I don't have any words of wisdom, but I really hope things work out for you.   
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"