High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

24 Hour Urine Collection

Hey Ladies! I am in the process of doing a 24 urine collection due to high blood pressure. It seems to only be high when I go see the OB, but they are being precautious I guess. I have checked my urine @ work (seeing as how I work for a Dr), and there hasn't been any protein in my urine. Just curious to see if anyone else has any stories they can share with me if they have went through this.

Re: 24 Hour Urine Collection

• Options
    I had to do one at around 8 weeks.  I had to do one because I am diabetic.  Annoying for sure.  My kidney function came back perfect thank goodness.  I was shocked when I got the bill for it.  $319.59 for my part and I have BCBS.
  • Options
    I had to do this but my Dr also placed me on BP meds while we waited for the results. I go in Friday for my check up so we should see if protein was present in my collection. I went to my regular OB today and my BP seems to be under control now that I am
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did one at 14 weeks, pre-e with my last pregnancy they said (never told me).  Wasn't so bad and I got the results back in a few days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have high BP and actually just got out of l and d bc it was pretty high at my dr appt today. Anyway, I did a 24 hr about a week and a half ago after having trace amounts and high BP. I am ordered to do another one starting tomorrow morning to re check.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"