Blended Families

Vent.

It's BMs turn to throw SDs birthday party this year.  She planned the party for April 6, so less than 2 weeks from now.  She hasn't even sent invitations.  She asked me to reserve the community building in our town for it, so I did, but she has yet to drop off the check so who knows if it's even still available now.

This is the second time she's done this.   I knew it was a possibility, but I'm still just really sad for SD.

We have planned a surprise party for this Saturday for her with our family.  Hopefully that will keep her from feeling that her birthday isn't important.  But I know she's going to be mad at her mother.  She's promised her a party with all her friends and for some unknown reason she just won't deliver.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.

Re: Vent.

• Yup - our BM did the same thing. Told DH "no" when he mentioned doing a "friend" party for SD because she already had something planned for the whole class. That party turned out to be guy#3, his daughter, BM and SD going to ChuckECheese. Oh and B

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • These stories break my heart. I remember being little and being so excited for my birthday party with all my friends. I looked forward to it for weeks in advance. I cant imagine how disaapointing it would be if my mom just said we werent doing anything th
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"