Blended Families
Options

Just a vent

So DH took SS to opening day of baseball last year. They went alone for some father/son bonding at the ballpark and had a blast. SS still talks about how amazing it was to eat hot dogs and ice cream and hang out with dad. It is right around SS's birthday and they want to make it an annual tradition. DH asked BM months ago if he could pick up SS an hour early on our weekend to take him again. She made a huge fuss about it and refused to let DH get him. We were hoping she would change her mind, but when she didn't, this past weekend we told SS that they wouldn't be able to go to opening day this year. We didn't blame her or give a reason. Just said it wasn't possible. So today DH gets a text saying that "SS is sad you aren't taking him to the game. If you want to still take him, you can get him an hour early." She even told SS that is dad will still take him, without even checking with DH first. It's great that she changed her mind, but it's a week before the game and there are no decent seats left for a reasonable price. Our options are to just suck it up and pay whatever we have to for tickets in addition to the cost of a preplanned birthday party or tell him that he still can't go to the game despite his mom saying he could. I'm just frustrated because she could've said yes when DH first asked but that would've been too accommodating. No purpose to this post, but thanks for reading it!
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Re: Just a vent

• Options
    Tough call, I would probably suck it up and try to take him.  Good luck!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

I think I'd suck it up and pay for the tickets. Starting a tradition like this will be so valuable when SS hits the "I'm too cool to be seen in public with my folks" stage. It seams that SS enjoyed hanging out with DH more than the actual eve

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will most likely just suck it up and get the tickets. I know SS loves their QT together and will be happy regardless of where they sit. I know the money doesn't really matter, it's the principle of it. The fact that she just does things to be difficult
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Seats don't have to be great, he'll just be glad to go.  What a pill his mother must be...  Sad.
    Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options

DH got tickets for $130.  If we include food at the ball game, his party, and the present we already got him it adds up to over $500 on one birthday. It will be worth it to see how happy SS is when he gets back from the game and rhen has a party t

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"