Adoption

Baby Bucket List

Some ladies had a really great suggestion about passing the wait time checking things off of their baby bucket lists. That really got me thinking that would be something great for DH and I to create. Is anyone willing to share some of the things on their list so we can all collaborate?

Or for those who have already brought their child home, anything you'd suggest putting on the list prior to bringing a LO home? After all, you have the first hand experience!

TIA!!

TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Re: Baby Bucket List

• This may be TMI, but have ALL the sex.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  •  I wrote these down this weekend:

-Go to Cardinals Opening Day

-See one of my favorite bands at a winery

-Have a bed day, where we lay in bed all day and watch movies, including eating in bed

- Have a slumber party with my

Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • If I understand your question correctly ours is to travel. We love traveling and seeing new places. That's one of the nice things about international adoption is we can expand our family and incorporate something we love which is seeing other countries. I
  • I'd suggest lots of couple time and any travel you can squeeze in. Go out to the restaraunts or sites with special meaning, see shows, take hikes, throw parties, whatever you like to do to bond as a couple. That won't disappear when you have a baby, but i
    ***************************** Our beautiful daughter was born in October 2009. Turns out she was quite the miracle. After two years of TTC, diagnosed with DOR. A couple of failed treatment cycles later, we decided to let go of our hope for more biological children and explore adoption.
  • Sky diving, Europe, and hot air balloon ride...I did all 3 before DD came along.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Anything you've wanted to learn.... do it now.

On a practical note, CLEAN/ORGANIZE!  We waited 22 months.  Why I didn't completely gut and organize my garage and cupboards, I dunno?!  I'd love to have a week of free time now to do

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • This may be kind of weird, but now that it is looking more and more like we may adopt instead of being pregnant, I am trying to get six-pack abs and then I want to get my belly button pierced. I had it done in HS but took it out. I want it back.

<p

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • IRRIRR member
    imagemtendere:
    I we used to always host a Halloween party and we haven't been able to do it since DD was born because with an October

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• We'd still do it if LOs birthday was at a different time, but a birthday party and a Halloween party within 2 to 3 weeks is just too much. We still hope to revive it at some point.

Edited for typos
    ***************************** Our beautiful daughter was born in October 2009. Turns out she was quite the miracle. After two years of TTC, diagnosed with DOR. A couple of failed treatment cycles later, we decided to let go of our hope for more biological children and explore adoption.
  • imagesrmmm09:
    This may be TMI, but have ALL the sex.

Haaaaaaaa. So true.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Do something spontaneous every week, even if it is just go to the  movies. This is one of the things that I miss the most. Now that my kids are a little older, we can all be a little spontaneous together; but at first, it just doesn't work. I will al

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• I made a list and posted it on our blog when we were first waiting: 

https://thelifethatiswaitingforus.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/before-baby-bucket-list/

(Sorry I can't make it clicky!) I was planning to do some blog post updates about t

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We didn't have a list specifically for before our kids, but we followed our passions.  We traveled to our hearts' content, skied, and spent late nights up talking, playing board games, and dancing in our kitchen.  I know it sounds corny, but all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"