Maryland Babies

NBR - engagement parties

Sorry, I know this is more knot-y or nest-y, but I don't got to either of those every often...

One of my best friends just got engaged.  DH and I have been invited to an engagement party for her and her FI that is being hosted by a friend of my friend's FI (did you follow that?  The groom's friend).  What is the etiquette for gifts in this situation?  Do we bring a gift (like a bottle of wine) for the host?  What about for the engaged couple?  Is this a gift-giving situation?  I will be involved with likely 2 showers for my friend, so it's not like I won't have further opportunities to shower her with gifts. 

TIA!

IMG_2304IMG_3206
Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: NBR - engagement parties

• I think its a small gift situation.  We had an engagement party (that was maybe the 2nd one I'd ever attended?) and we got small gifts - like wine glasses, serving dishes, a monogrammed beach bag and towels, some wine and champagne, etc.

&

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:

I think its a small gift situation.  We had an engagement party (that was maybe the 2nd one I'd ever attended?

lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Loading the player...
  • I think something small like a pretty photo frame or something with the couple's new last name would be a good option. And wine is always a good gift for a host/hostess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"