Toddlers: 24 Months+

2yo dd knocked her teeth out!

My two year old little girl fell last night at my parents' house on their glass coffee table.  (I knew I hated that thing!) She knocked out one of her upper teeth, the one next to the two front teeth.  And the two front teeth were loosened.  My dad was there and he's an ER doctor, so luckily he was able to treat her right away.  He repositioned the lost tooth back in the socket (she was in so much pain!).  She woke up swollen and bruised.  After a real ordeal getting an emergency dentist appointment this morning, we finally were able to see the dentist.  Xrays look OK; nothing was broken.  However, she may lose 1-4 teeth.  If any of the teeth get infected or die over time they have to pull them.  The dentist also said to watch for discoloration, which may be permanent.  I was wondering if anyone else has gone through a tooth injury like this and knows what to expect? 

Re: 2yo dd knocked her teeth out!

• When my sister was a toddler she fell face first into a wooden chair. None of her teeth were completely knocked out, but one of her top front teeth did end up dying within a few weeks. I think it started with yellow discoloration that eventually got prett
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  My son son slipped on a small plastic chair in front of a window while watching a mini loader across the street, and knocked out his front tooth on the window sill.
     He didn't damage any other teeth. Saw the dentist the next day and had an x
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD had a bad fall like that at 22 months.  Her teeth were back to not being loose after a few weeks.  We just made sure to give her lots of soft foods and pain meds as needed.

At 3 1/2 (almost 2 full years later) one of her fron

DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • I knocked out one and knocked loose another when 3. I was the toothless wonder until 7 when my adult tooth came in.

No permanent damage (to adult teeth) but I have some adorable pictures of myself and huge gap from 3-7.  </

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • My lil sister hit her mouth on her crib once, it killed the front right tooth and they had to extract it to avoid any further damage. The poor child looked like a hillbilly for sooo long. I think the adult tooth finally started growing in when she was lik
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Thanks for all your responses!  I'm hoping she keeps her teeth, but it really doesn't look promising.  At least they're baby teeth!

• Oh no!  I hope she is feeling better!

You should watch for her face or gums to get swollen or for pain or graying of the tooth.  Be careful if you see anything even remotely concerning because baby teeth can abscess quickly.  

<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"