Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Autopsy

Sorry to bring up a hurtful event. I'm still shaken at the thought of we had to do one on our angel. If anyone on here did an autopsy to find out answers..how long did it take for you to get the results. Also, was it sent to you or to your doctor? Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Met DH 10.10.10-- Surgery 05.20.11 removal of left ovary/fall tube due to tumor-- Married DH 04.14.12-- First bfp 09.05.12 -- EDD 05.08.13-- Preeclampsia took my angel at 31 weeks 03.07.13-- Currently trying for our rainbow!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Autopsy

• Options
    I chose not to have one done, but just wanted to send you a hug.  I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    My H made the choice to not have one done. I respect his decision because I wouldn't have gotten to hold or remember anything about Addie, but I am always searching for more answers. I hope your results come in soon and you can get some of the a

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't get one either because it was obvious what Hunter died from. I'm sorry your waiting, I hope it doesn't take too long. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• Options
    Ticker warning

We had an autopsy performed. It took two weeks to come in, went to our dr who reported back to us, and didn't tellus much. Basically confirmed what we already knew, that there were three possible causes but that they

• Options
    It took 8 weeks for the body autopsy and 10 weeks for the brain autopsy/pathology to be done. The results were sent to us and we had the doctors who requested the autopsies go over them with us.

The reason why the doctors requested the autops
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Me - 41 DH - 28 **** Proud mom to Christopher, dob 7/15/92 **** Nathaniel dob 1/18/05 -1/18/05 (8 mos) in heaven **** bfp 8/26/10 m/c 10/14/10 at 7 wks. **** D&C 10/15/10 **** Cycles 1-4 BFN's **** Cycle #5 - 100 mg Clomid **** IUI #1 - 04/23/11 and 4/24/11 - 5/8/11 IUI #1 = BFFN BFP 10/14/11 - EDD 6/22/12** Stick little one Stick! Athena Jane 5/31/12 - 8/28/12
  • Options
    We had an autopsy done.  My doctor called me with the initial results (which were inconclusive) three days after the birth.  He said it would take 6-8 weeks before we got additional results.  I guess they are testing for infection, genetic
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We didn't have one done we just couldn't do that. I sometimes think we should have only to find out really why she died but I am okay with not having it done. We will never know why I still blame the doctors and I will always blame them for us losing her.
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    We had one done. Honestly I can't remember how long it took to come back. It wasn't too long though. My doctor got the results. She called told me and then asked if I wanted a copy. I said yes so she marked the envelope so I would know
  • Options

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Our autopsy was sent directly to our Dr. we didn't get a copy, but I sure I could ask for one.

I had my postpartum check at about 4-5 ish weeks, and my Dr. briefly went over it then.  A few mon

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Options
    Ours went to the county ME. It took a few weeks and the results were sent to us, them we sent them to our doctor. Unfortunately we found no cause. I would recommend you don't read the full report, just the summary. ((hugs))

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    We had one done--the genetics counselor wanted us to have one done so that they had the most comprehensive results before talking to us about any possible genetic concerns. Most of our genetic testing will take about 2 weeks, but they said the autopsy tak
    BFP # 1 11/2011, MC 12/2011 
    BFP #2 11/2012, Delivered at 21 weeks on 3/16/13 due to complications with bilateral renal agenesis. 
    ~~Missing Astrid Lynne~~
    BFP#3: 09/2013, EDD 5/14/14

Lilypie - (9zLl)
  • Options
    XathXath member
    They've finished her autopsy, but we still haven't received the final results.  We got a preliminary report at 4 weeks, but all they could say was that her heart stopped; they didn't know why yet.  I'm hoping we get some answers soon.  (We'
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We did not have one done on Isabella but on recommendations by our doctors and the genetic counselor we had one done on Angel. We are still waiting for the results, which will be sent to the genetic counselor. They have gotten the preliminary report an

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We had one done, I think we had results within 4 weeks. I know it can take longer if you have a lot of genetic testing done. I would also recommend not reading the report. I am a nurse & I really wish I hadn't read the details because they're stuck in
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Me and my husband had one done on our angel and it took abt 3 to 4 weeks for the body and brain results to come bk..and when I went for my 4week checkup,my ob gave us our results..I just think it's different for everyone...
  • Options
    We had one done, although it didn't really give us any answers.  It took about 8 weeks and the results were sent to the perinatologist we had seen during the pregnancy.  I believe my regular OB also got a copy, but the perinatologist was the one
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"