Attachment Parenting

Cosleeping with duvet?

I have been cosleeping with L (5 mos) since he was born though not every night and not all night.  Lately he seems happiest/comforted when he is sleeping partially under our duvet so that it is pulled up to his waist and over his arms.  I think he likes the weight.  I sleep so that I have the duvet over my shoulders and I wake up the second he starts moving.  Is this super dangerous and I just don't know it?  Clearly don't want to endanger my son, but he hasn't moved much in his sleep so far and I keep the area around his face clear of pillows (just mine).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cosleeping with duvet?

• It would make me nervous. DD sleeps on top of our duvet, in a sleep sack. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I put LO half under the duvet like you do in the early morning until I'm ready to get out of bed, but I'd be afraid to sleep like that. I keep the duvet at waist level when she's in with us.
  • Loading the player...
  • It is a SIDS risk factor, so I wouldn't do it.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Thanks!  Last night I put the duvet on like usual until he fell asleep and then moved it away from him.  Worked great and I slept better!
  • I'm probably too casual about this but I also have a 5 month old and we bed share and she always had the duvet up to her waist. We've had no issues. I just haven't worried about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"