Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Refusing Formula?

Other than the first week in the hospital, my DD (7.5 months) has only had BM.  I BF when not at work and pump for when she is with her nanny.  I have been very, very lucky that there have been only minor issues with BF.  However, last week, I was short one bottle for the week and had burned through my freezer stash, so the nanny needed to use some formula, no big deal.  She refused it.  Thinking it was a fluke I tried again this weekend and she took a few sips and then refused again.  I am really surprised by this.  Is it normal?  Has it happened to anyone else?   Could it be the brand of the formula (similac)?  I was considering weaning at 8 or 9 months, but it's looking like that won't be an option....

Re: Refusing Formula?

• This is just a suggestion, but next time you need to use formula maybe start before your stash is completely gone so you can do half n half bottles for a few days while you're pumping more for the freezer. That way your LO will still have the familia
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemamaHippo23:
    This is just a suggestion, but next time you need to use formula maybe start before your stash is completely gone
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with mixing the breast milk and formula together so she gets used to the taste. If this doesn't work try the formula again when you know she is really hungry. You can also try mixing the formula into her cereal so she is getting tastes of it here
  • I suggest trying Gerber Goodstart formula (I tried this and I have heard a lot of BF babies prefer this kind) and maybe even using the liquid form to get her to like it and then transitioning to the powder. GL!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • I continue to have this battle with my LO.  I wasted time trying several different kinds, but he wouldn't take any until I started mixing with BM.  He now drinks one bottle a day that is formula mixed with Similac.  It took quite a while to
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"