Infertility
Options

Day 5 u/s

Did not go as well as I had planned.  I have stimmed for 4 days with 300iu of Follistim and am currently on day 5.  My RE said he was only going to measure the bigger ones but there are also smaller ones but so far he only measured 8 all between about 7-9mm.  He said they are a little smaller than what he'd like to see at this point and that if my E2 comes back low then he will up my dose.  He tried to reassure me not to be discouraged and there will be more than 8 mature by the time of ER but I can't help but feel disappointed.  

I wasn't really sure what to expect but was looking for better news than this.  I am awaiting there ph call with my results.  I don't see how my previous injectable cycle could cause such great results and ultimately lead to OHSS but now I am slowly responding this one.  Anyone have any insight they can share about these results or their own experiences with their day 5 results compared to ER.  I just didn't realize what a roller coaster this would all feel like and was hoping for an awesome reassuring appt. :/

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3

Re: Day 5 u/s

• Options
    I'm sorry you're disappointed but please know that stim day 5 is way to early to make any assessments about your cycle. Some people stim slow or erratically, and some protocols that suppress you do a bit more suppression than anticipated (which is fine).
    +++
  • Options

imageEdwina.McDunnough:
    I'm sorry you're disappointed but please know that stim day 5 is way to early to make any assessments about
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies I try not to overanalyze but its so hard. They just called and said my E2 was only 82 so they increased my follistim to 450 iu...hope that helps!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options

I think it's still too early to tell, as the other posters said.  At Day 4 I had 5 follies from 10-12 and several small ones from 7-9mm.  At ER (I stimmed for 9 days) I had 7 mature follies, 5 eggs, 3 mature.  I am also DOR though and th

Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"