Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Baby food question.

DS is about 9.5 months old and we are weening from purees to actual food. Since we are still feeding him purees, I wasn't sure what the "rule" is, but when can we stop throwing out his food if we feed him from the jar.

I was told that it was like formula and we have to throw it out after an hour if he doesn't finish the jar. At what age can we stop doing that? Or are we never supposed to stop until he is totally off the purees? Just wondering since my mom watched him yesterday and started feeding him a jar he didn't finish and we had to throw it out.

TIA! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby food question.

• I only threw it out if it was more than 2 days old.  After DD ate, I just put the top back on and put it in the fridge.  Also, if you spoon food out and put it into another bowl, then you don't "contaminate" the jar.  I never did that
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you are dumping from the jar to a bowl, I think it is good for 24 hours after opening.  If you re-dip the spoon, I would throw it out after use, but I am anal :)

• Loading the player...
  • I do usually portion it out into another container/bowl. It is just getting to be a pain and was wondering if there was an age when it was ok to stop throwing out "contaminated" jars...they usually only last a day (overnight at the most). Especially right

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"