Toddlers: 24 Months+

Diaper issues

My DD is 2 1/2 yo. I have attempted potty training many times and purchased 3 different kinds of potty seats. She has yet to pick up on it and its becoming more of a power struggle than anything else. She's still wearing her diapers and pees poos in them and if I don't notice it soon enough she is content sitting in it. I keep her clean down there though and bathe her nightly. I've noticed she's had a persistent rash that isn't affected by any creams that have worked before. It's not bad, just a handful of red bumps. But she does have a bad odor coming from her genitals. Is this normal?

Re: Diaper issues

• First - back off the potty training for now. She's still young to be potty trained, and if it's become a power struggle you are just making it harder on both of you. Give her a break and try again in a few months.

As for the rash and odor, I woul

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagememali26:
    First back off the potty training for now. She's still young to be potty trained, and if it's become a power struggle yo
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the replies. I haven't heard of that cream. The only kind I've tried is desitin, butt paste, and an herbal spray from the whole foods coop.
  • imageTSimpsy07:
    Thanks for the replies. I haven't heard of that cream. The only kind I've tried is desitin, butt paste, and an herbal sp
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For bad diaper rash, triple paste works great for us.  DD did have one yeast infection.  For a yeast infection, it's not just a few red bumps, but it's a whole raised area of red. Also, it tends to get in the skin folds between her leg and to

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"