Pregnant after 35

Holy expensive test!

A friend had the MaterniT21 test done for $250.  When I called they said the cost is now $1800!!!! Holy crap.  

I was pregnant with a T18 baby in 2010 and am now 35... 2 risk factors.  Doctor strongly suggested it.  I can't believe the cost...SML

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Holy expensive test!

• I got a bill for over $2000, I called them and they said they would adjust the bill to $235!!!! I did not even have to hassle them to get the bill reduced. Maybe call Sequom to confirm

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• $1800 is what they charge insurance companies. They bill the insurance company first. If the insurance won't cover it the max they'll charge you is $250. I had it done, and it was a huge relief getting the results back. I highly recommend it.

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• Loading the player...
  • imageCristine:
    $1800 is what they charge insurance companies. They bill the insurance company first. If the insurance won't cover i
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• imageCristine:
    $1800 is what they charge insurance companies. They bill the insurance company first. If the insurance won't cover i
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow thats really unfortunate they aren't offering the deal anymore.  Hopefully eventually more insurance will cover it. FWIW I had a baby with a chromosome defect, not T18 though, and I was told it was a fluke and didn't put me at risk of it happenin
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I would just call your insurance company. I was originally charged $950, I called the insurance company, they adjusted it so I only have to pay about $100 now.
  • They billed my insurance the full amount too but I ended up paying 170 out of pocket.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageRoxie5739:
    I got a bill for over $2000, I called them and they said they would adjust the bill to $235!!!! I did not even have
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageRubygirl:

imageCristine:
  • imageShellBear+:
    Wow thats really unfortunate they aren't offering the deal anymore.  Hopefully eventually more insurance will
  • They charged our insurance company around $2800.  The insurance requested additional information which took forever to get the bill processed.   At the end, we didn't pay anything.   I guess when the insurance requested additional
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • PP is right they changed the deal. Verifi was offering a deal for 200 flat rate so we did that instead.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I'm a lurker, but thought I'd chime in.

I had my test done December 20th and was advised by the doctor's office that the most I would be responsible for would be $235.  I saw the EOBs online where United Healthcare rejected it (of course, I'm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"