Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Solids and finger foods

DS is a healthy weight at 20 lbs. He is almost 7.5 mos old. He nurses twice during the day and gets 3 5oz bottles at daycare. He also nurses usually 1 to 2 times during the night. Right now, I am giving him 2 solids per day. He downs a 4 oz jar of food in no time and often acts like he wants more. I was thinking about adding a third solid meal, but do I still let him eat 4 oz each time if he doesn't refuse it? I know every baby is different, but 12 oz seems like a lot of solid food each day for his age.

When did or do you plan to add a third solid? How much do you give? I've heard some say to give it until they show signs of not wanting more, but is there a cut off even when doing that?

When did you or do you plan to start finger foods if you are not doing BLW?

TIA!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Solids and finger foods

• Options

Doc said I should be giving solids 3x a day by 7.5 months, so that's when I plan on doing it. I will give as much as she will take. As of right now, she is not really a big eater. I will feed up to an hour after she nurses. I have already started finge

• Options

We do three solid meals a day and have been since about 7 months (he's 8 months now). He just recently dropped down to 4 bottles a day (FF).

We generally do about 2-3oz of purees. But it's homemade puree mixed with oatmeal/rice cereal - so it's p

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJulesDiane:
    Doc said I should be giving solids 3x a day by 7.5 months, so that's when I plan on doing it. I will give as much as sh
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS is 7.5 months and I'm fixing to start giving him a 3rd solid meal a day. He eats a fair amount most of the time, but lately I have seen him begin to show interest in lunchtime (licking lips, eyeballing my lunch, etc.) where a few weeks ago he could

• Options

My pedi also said to go to 3 meals at 6m, but I havent yet. I did up her intake per meal though. She currently gets 2tbsp cereal and a stage 2 fruit (3.5 oz) in the am and then the same in the pm but with a veggie. She also takes 5 5oz bottles per day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"