Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Getting bottle nipples squeaky clean

I put the nipples in the Dr Brown's dishwasher basket and after a couple days, they are always cloudy-looking, not the clear-looking nipples like when they were purchased.  Every 2 weeks, I boil the nipples and any binkies to get them clean, but the film never seems to come off the nipples.  I know they're clean, but would like them to look better.  Any tips or is this normal?
Thanks!
March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting bottle nipples squeaky clean

• Do you ever hand wash them? I find boiling them leaves a film on them so I wash it off. Not that I've boiled them in a looong time.
  • Hand washing is the only thing that works for me.  I just put a bunch of them in a sink full of water and a drop of dish soap on my fingers and rub inside and out.
  • Loading the player...
  • It worked! thanks!
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the same issue. I sanitize all the bottle parts in microwave sanitizing bags every couple weeks. To me its a cosmetic issue, not really a germ issue so Im not really on top of it! The sanitizing takes the cloudiness away though, short term, until y
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I soak mine in super hot water with the fancy "baby" dish soap that claims to get rid of milk residue. After letting them soak, I hand wash. Seems to work great so far. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageksteeb611:
    I put the nipples in the Dr Brown's dishwasher basket and after a couple days, they are always cloudy-looking, not
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"