Attachment Parenting
Options

putting LO down in your bed

Until recently I was able to put DD down in her bed and then bring her in bed with me if/when she woke over night.  That worked well and gave me freedom in the evenings to get stuff done before going to bed.  But the last few nights have been rough, she's waken up much earlier than normal and is taking a long time to fall asleep.  Tonight she would only fall asleep in my bed, so I've been sitting her in bed with my computer while she sleeps next to me.  I don't have a monitor in my room and I'm concerned about her falling off the bed if she wakes up.  How do you put your LO down in your bed and actually get things done after they go to sleep?  I'm hoping once her molars come in we can get back to normal!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: putting LO down in your bed

• Options
    I put pillows around the edge of the bed, and have a monitor right next to her on the bed, with the cord underneath the pillows, so I hear the first stirs to check on her. If you can afford it, it would be worth your piece of mind to be able to leave the
  • Options
    We taught her how to get off the bed very early on.  But, for other reasons, around that time we moved to a floor bed.  She fell off once - a height of approximately six inches from the top of the mattress to the carpet right next to it.  S
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

She learned around 6 months how to climb off the bed, but soon after that we just put the mattress on the floor. If you want to avoid putting the mattress on the floor I would just either buy a bed rail or you can put pillows around her and she will be

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • Options

I haven't done this, but have heard about putting pool noodles under the fitted sheet on the side of the bed to make a little barrier to keep them from rolling off.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
  • Options

DD rolled over a fairly substantial body pillow at about 8 months, and fell off the bed. Since then, if I have to leave her in our bed, I make sure she's in the very middle, and then put lots of pillows around her. I leave a monitor right next to her,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have bed rails and taught her how to safely climb off
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"