Minnesota Babies

Water births at Methodist

Just an FYI, I saw my MW for my annual appt today and she said they are doing water births now at Methodist.  Not for me because I'm still going to count as a VBAC mom, so that sucks.  But still, if that's something you're looking for, I thought people might be interested in knowing.  I know they didn't have that option when I was there with my last one.
Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Water births at Methodist

• I know you aren't asking for this information but just wanted to let you know that if you are interested in a hospital water birth for yourself, Dr. Hartung in Hudson does them for VBACs.  I did it last May and loved it.
  • I would love to go to Dr. Hartung.  If I were having multiples or complications, I would make the drive to see him, no question. 

But I'm way on the other side of the cities.  And I really love the MWs at Methodist.  I'd give up birthing in a tub for them. :)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm really hoping to have a water birth there this time!

Side note, do you usually see the same MW when you go? I always make my appointments on Fridays since I'm off, but that means I've only met two of the MWs. I've been wondering if I should switch up my appt. days so I have the opportunity to meet a few more since who knows who will be on call when I deliver.

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• imagestephmarie:

I'm really hoping to have a water birth there this time!

Side note, do you usually see the same MW when you go? I always make my appointments on Fridays since I'm off, but that means I've only met two of the MWs. I've been wondering if I should switch up my appt. days so I have the opportunity to meet a few more since who knows who will be on call when I deliver.

I usually saw Kira, but sometimes I would switch it up.  They are really all wonderful, so I did end up with a few that I had never met while I was in labor (long labor, lots of midwives).  I don't think I was at a disadvantage having someone that I hadn't met.  They really all do have very similar philosophies.  

• imagepreg_amy:
    imagestephmarie:

I'm really hoping to have a water birth there this time!

I usually saw Kira, but sometimes I would switch it up.  They are really all wonderful, so I did end up with a few that I had never met while I was in labor (long labor, lots of midwives).  I don't think I was at a disadvantage having someone that I hadn't met.  They really all do have very similar philosophies.  

Thanks, that makes me feel better since it's so easy to go on my day off. I did see Kira once and she was great, my other appointments have been with Aszani and I really like her as well.

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• So looking forward to using the new tubs in September when I have my little one!

I'm on my 3rd appointment this week and it's the 3rd midwife I've seen. My appointments have been on Wednesday and Thursdays. I like that  I will meet a lot before delivery since any of them could be on call when I go into labor!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"