VBAC
Options

to try or not?

So, I delivered my first by c-section because things were just not progressing and my water had been broke for 24 hrs.  Dr. has asked me a few times if I would just like to do another c-section or try vbac.  I would like to experience a vaginal birth the way the body is designed too if possible but totally understand if a c-section is needed at the time.  Ok, so today he explains all the risks and complications with a vbac and says that my uterus could tear and I could die, no joke, he says, he just had a touch and go delivery this week. I know the decision is totally up to me but just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Re: to try or not?

• Options
    There are also serious risks with repeat c-sections.  Maybe you could ask your doctor about those risks too?
  • Options

vbacbumpies.blogspot.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Uterine rupture is extremely rare, and it is even more rare that the mother or baby dies as a result.

How many children to you want? The more c sections you have the more complications you can have.

I just had my VBAC 2 weeks ago. It was a

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It's funny how they love to talk about rupture, but no one mentioned increased risk of placenta accreta before my c-section.  Make your ob discusses all the risks associated with a c-section next time.  Make sure he also covers your increased

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemrs.jenRN:

Uterine rupture is extremely rare, and it is even more rare that the mother or baby dies as a result.

How man

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I think you are 3 times more likely to die from a csection than a vaginal birth.

I would definitely try for the vbac. The recovery was so much easier for me. Giving birth/ labor was more bearable than the way I felt the day after my csectio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"