Toddlers: 24 Months+

DS not interacting much at daycare

I posted recently about the trouble I'm having dropping my 3yo off at daycare (in short, we recently moved from NY to FL and DS1 is crying every morning at drop off)

Well as of this week I have access to cameras so I can watch him throughout the day and just as the teachers tell me, within minutes of me leaving he's fine. This makes me feel SO much better...  However, as I'm watching at different times of the day I'm seeing that he's not very involved at least not as much as the other kids. I'll see the others running around, playing with one another and he'll be off on his own doing his own thing. Sometimes I see him interacting but more often that not he's on his own. For example, right now they are all sitting down for a snack and DS is sitting by himself at a table while the others are goofing around with each other at the other tables.

Do I worry about this and try to intervene in some way (really not sure how at this point) or do I chalk it up to him being him and dealing with the fact that my child may not be all that outgoing? I was a VERY shy child while DH was the polar opposite and this can still pretty much sum us up except I've gotten a bit better. But I look back at my childhood and wish so badly that I could have been more outgoing, I think it really held me back socially as well as academically and I just don't want that for my child...

Thanks!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: DS not interacting much at daycare

• Totally normal at this age.  Especially with kids he doesn't know well.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure how long it's been since the move but he might still be adjusting.  Especially since he's shy by nature it'll definitely take more time to warm up.  I have a very similar situation to you.  DD is very much like me.  Ver

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, both of you.. I know I'm over reacting/over analyzing this and just need to let him be. I just worry so much about him at all times! I never thought I'd be like this...  I just need to give him time, it's only been just under a month since we
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"