Baby Showers
Options

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know how the term "gender reveal" was coined or why it's become socially acceptable to use?  Gender and sex are two very different things; identity and sex organs, respectively.

I just don't get it. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

Re: Does anyone know?

• Options

Sex is between the legs, gender is between the ears.

I agree with you but "gender reveal" sounds better than "sex reveal".  Sex reveal sounds like someone is walking around in a trenchcoat flashing people.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also noticed that, and that does make sense, "sex reveal" does sound kinda naughty... Wink Whatever you call it, I think it's just another way to try and get gifts without calli
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard them called sex parties, which is far too disturbing! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So I was thinking of having a roof top party that is based around the "gender reveal" when the time comes. Basically I was an event coordinator for years and I'm itching for a reason to get my friends together before baby comes. I just want to make a h

• Options
    imagetmccord21:

Ok- back on topic. I asked one of my good friends if he thought the idea of a gender reveal party was stupid and he

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecarlieanddanwedding:
    imaget
  • Options
    image526SadieSadie:

Sex is between the legs, gender is between the ears.

I agree with you but "gender reveal" sounds better

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

imagesomerandomchick:
    People just don't like to say the word sex. On the 2nd tri and BMBs there are constant posts about finding ou
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"