Success after IF

Deep thoughts

I have to say that here lately I have been in "feel sorry for myself" mode.  I've just been so down about feeling like I'm in this predicament of not knowing what to do - my AMH is undetectable, my hormones are crazy, my cycles are whack, I keep having mood swings and night sweats...and I feel terrible about my weight/body.  I think my hormonal issues are contributing to having a hard time losing weight.  I feel like I'm going into menopause and probably need to have another kid if I am going to...and I do want another one.  Yet, I can logically say now is probably not the greatest time for another baby. However, I also can't get overly excited about dumping a bunch of money into IVF and freezing eggs, etc. (not to mention the physical/emotional aspect of it) when all of that is is a big "maybe" given my numbers, the fact that even if I could get some embryos who knows if they would make the thaw in a few years, etc. 

Well, today, after spending some time on my the board I found on Fragile X on facebook, I don't feel so bad for myself anymore. How does the saying go?  "I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

I realized that I have an awful lot to be thankful for.  I have a son...a son who seems to be healthy.  Maybe I won't get to have another baby. That makes me sad.  But I still have an awful lot be happy about.

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: Deep thoughts

• I'm sorry Bevo. It's ok to feel sorry for yourself sometimes. Especially when you've been dealt a crap hand. I'm glad the fb group helped you get some perspective and reminded you to focus on the positive. Hugs!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • You are right! But it is hard sometimes to stop and focus on the positive things. FWIW, AMH is just one predictor of how you might respond to stims. Another good predictor is how you respond to other meds (like Clomid) which was good in the past. You have
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto what everyone else said.  Yes, we all have a lot to be thankful for and of course there are people out there who have it far worse.  But it's okay to feel sorry for yourself from time to time.  IF sucks, it's not fair and it usually p
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Hugs. It so much easier said than done right? Hang in there mama.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. Vent away...biology sucks sometimes.
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• I am soooo sorry you are having to go through this so prematurely IBack :( it is all relative & there will always be situations worse & better than yours, but that doesn't lessen your pain any. If you do move forward with IVF, the newer freeze methods
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"