Babies: 6 - 9 Months

BLW & NO TEETH?

So whose doing BLW and lo's have no teeth? I have been doing baby food but Lo isn't very interested and now considering BLW. Any advice? How do you girls feel about it?

TIA! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BLW & NO TEETH?

• They really don't need teeth for BLW.  Molars are the chewing teeth anyway and those won't pop in until a year or so and the front teeth they'll get aren't going to do them much good so it's NBD.  Their gums are incredibly strong and it's not li
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    They really don't need teeth for BLW.  Molars are the chewing teeth anyway and those won't pop in until a year o

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Start with softer foods, like bananas, sweet potatoes, or avacados. If you're offering vegetables, just steam or boil until soft enough to chew easily.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started with sweet potatoes cut into fry shapes and roasted until they were soft as well as boiling some and mashing them up.  He thought they were ok.  Then we moved onto apples that I had sliced and roasted until slightly soft and he LOVED
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • We are doing BLW and he doesn't have teeth. He has done well with all kinds of textures: thin mashed sweet potato, chunkier mashed potato, steamed carrots, roasted asparagus, cheddar cheese stick. It's pretty amazing what hard gums can do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks girls! I may go ahead and give this BLW a try! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"