Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Stop biting!!

I posted a few weeks ago about DD's biting. She bites when she is angry, sad, tired, hungry, not getting attention etc. It's getting to be a real problem. I'll be trying to put DS to bed and she'll come right up behind me and chomp down. It almost draws blood. She bites when she's nursing too. I've tried ignoring it, yelling, telling her no, distracting her, everything. Nothing works. Many times when I tell her no, she'll cry, but then go right back and do it again. She bites DS and me the most, but also has started on other children and guests. She is the sweetest baby, but can't stop biting! What do I do?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stop biting!!

• Maybe consult your pedi since it seems to be escalating. There could be an underlying reason for it or some way to divert/channel the behavior into something else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• https://www.amazon.com/Teeth-Biting-Board-Book-Behavior/dp/1575421283

I like this book.  It is easy to read to your child, and it has advice in the back of the

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a big biter, I say stop sternly and he thinks it is funny.  At a loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"