Blended Families
Options

What would you do? FB "friends"

BF has a HUGE family.  He has about 50 1st cousins (plus their significant others =100) and tons of family...So as you can imagine quite a few are on FB.  There were about 20 or so that are on FB that were around our age and that I was friends with when we were together.  When we first broke up most of them remained friendly towards me.  There were  a few of them that deleted me and never spoke to me again.

I have remained friendly via FB by liking and commenting their statuses about their kids accomplishments and such.

I rarely post on FB but my son had his first T ball game this past weekend. So I posted a cute picture of him in his T ball outfit at the field. I noticed that none of BF's family liked or commented on the photo. Which really offends me. While I realize that I am no longer apart of their family my son is still their cousin. BD or his GF are not on FB so most family members probably rarely see or hear anything about my son. And I know that a lot of them were on FB that day because I saw other posts and comments from them.

I am really offended and really want to just delete all of them. If they don't care about me and my son then they don't need to be my "friends". I just don't understand WTF is wrong with people.

Re: What would you do? FB "friends"

• Options
    Ok you need to seriously get over yourself. People have their own lives, that may not include checking every time they are on FB to see what you and your son are up to. I get so many alerts in my newsfeed in a day, I regularly miss lots of them because I
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options
    I would delete them. They have no real ties to you anymore and their connection to your son is through his dad. He probably shares things with them....so they don't need you to.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is CRAZY to me that you waste any space in your mind or time to think about this.

Being in a BF is so hard but you make it 1000x harder by turning nothing into something. These people probably enjoy seeing your DS and have no way shown they

• Options
    That's your biggest issue? You really take offense to someone not commenting/liking a picture on FB. That's wonderful that your still friends with your son's family and take the time to comment/like on their stuff. That doesn't make them required to retur
  • Options

Two thoughts. 1. Does it really matter? They may not be subscribed to your updates and it didn't show on their newsfeed at all. 2. It could be that they DID see it and just now realized you are STILL FB friends and don't want to comment/like the pi

• Options
    You seriously need waaaay more help than this board can provide. Have you ever come here with a legitimate problem? All you did with this post was ask for attention because you got none on Facebook. I feel terrible for your son because your life will alwa
  • Options

imageambrvan:
    You seriously need waaaay more help than this board can provide. Have you ever come here with a legitimate problem? A
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options

Its FB, not "real life". Its the internet. Its completely different than seeing/talking/touching a real life person. Who cares if someone commented or not. As you stated you are rarely on there anyway. Maybe they figure you won't even know if they

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I don't 'like' every kid picture I think is cute. Even when I'm related to the kid. I don't think there's anything wrong with me.  

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    This is a bit ridiculous.  It sounds more like high school drama to me.  It cracks me up how much facebook actually means to some people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemom2one:
    I would delete them. They have no real ties to you anymore and their connection to your son is through his dad. He pr
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Options

imagecole2144:
    Ok you need to seriously get over yourself. People have their own lives, that may not include checking every time th
  • Options

It's very possible that they have "hidden" your posts.  Don't read so much into it.

ETA: I have my SIL hidden.  When she was going through her separation and divorce her posts were so dramatic and over the top emo that I just couldn't

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    SigirSigir member
    imagenattyncbride:

imagemom2one:<
  • Options
    imagedmndsr4eva:

imagecole214

• Options
    imagedmndsr4eva:

imagecole214
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • Options
    SigirSigir member
    imagecole2144:
    imagedmndsr4eva:</str
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"