Babies: 9 - 12 Months

10 months and Still fighting Going to bed!!!

Anyone else going through this? My 10-1/2 month old kicks, screams, and basically throws a tantrum when it's time for bed! He is obviously tired but continues to fight it. Any tips are welcome... I feel like he's too old to be rocked to sleep, I dunno? 

Re: 10 months and Still fighting Going to bed!!!

• We have a bedtime routine that kind of helps DS mellow out from the day. He gets a bottle first, then changes into ON diaper and PJ's. Next we read his bedtime books, say prayers, and put him in the crib with a paci and his lovey. We use white noise (a fa

• You mention that he's tired, have you tried putting him to bed earlier?
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh just you wait, it gets worse as a toddler.  My son is notorious for not wanting to go to bed.  It was pretty scary one night when he got a later nap--he was up at midnight watching Sesame Street (that was like oh bleep). 

Just

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • We recently conquered this. Completely by accident. One night a series of events happened and it was perfect. We now repeat it nightly. :)

It goes...

1. Clean up toys and spread out blanket with pillows.
    2. Shut off TV
      <
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • PP's have mentioned a routine and that works for us too.  Do you have a regular bedtime routine in place?  These things will help signal him it's time for bed and he will get used to this pretty quickly.  I also ditto a PP about trying an e
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • We somewhat had this issue, he doesn't fight too bad but does hate going to bed because he just wants to be a part of everything.  We still rock, I spoke to our pedi about it she said it was fine our only issue is him getting up in the middle of the
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a routine which one of them pretty much fights routinely.  They switch off nights. LOL

We never do CIO here and if they want to fight sleep then we just don't make them go to sleep.  I would love it if mine still wanted to be ro

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekbruington:
    imageallisonmar
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"