Two Under 2

What will I need 2 of?

Ok so my DS will be 15 months when this baby hopefully makes its safe arrival. What all will I need double of?

Obviously, nursery furniture, a second camera for the monitor, and a car seat....

what else do you recommend? A double stroller ( my DS loves going for walks) another high chair, should I have another PNP for trips?

What do you think? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What will I need 2 of?

• Have you thought about little things that DS might not be ready to part with but worked well for him?

My DD will be 18months when DS is born in June and we'll be getting a couple duplicates, ex. her Cloud B giraffe sound machine (we'll be gettin

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• My DS isn't really attached to much. He's got one lovey and that's it. He doesn't even take a paci.

But yes, another sound machine is a definite! Thank you. I will look into those pods. 2 PnP would suck huh?!  

• Loading the player...
  • imageLoveOfMikesLife:

My DS isn't really attached to much. He's got one lovey and that's it. He doesn't even take a paci.

But

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• first off, congrats!

Mine are 14m apart. 

the answer is: not much. Another humidifier, another camera, if you have a different sex, blue/pink clothes and blankets

We moved DD to a mattress on the floor when she was a year old. So

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I love my double stroller and I bought another sound machine.  I wouldn't buy another highchair.  I'd buy your older LO a booster with straps.  IMO, the pack n play is outgrown by 2.5-3, so I'd avoid buying another one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Mine are a little farther than yours, close to 19 months apart, but we didn't have two of anything except a monitor (sound only for both). And a new car seat for DD1, but she needed that anyway :)

We kept DD2 in the Rock'n'Play in our room while

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We didn't have many doubles. We got a second crib and dresser. No second monitor, since our oldest rarely wakes up at night and if she does, we can hear her anyway. No high chair, just got a booster. We do have a double stroller.
  • Mine are 13.5 months apart and we didn't get that many doubles. 

We got 2 cribs, rocking chairs, sound machines, humidifiers, bulb syringes (for sucking snot), 2 cameras for our monitor. I also got a 2nd convertible car seat and a double str

• Sweet thanks ladies
  • Mine are 14 months apart.  We got a 2nd crib (both convertible cribs) and I'm glad that we did.  We did not get a 2nd high chair - we already had a travel booster seat and so just used that for DD when DS needed the high chair.  Instead of
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLoveOfMikesLife:
    Sweet thanks ladies

I just wanted to say congrats (from a fellow June 11 mama)!&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • congrats from Aug 12! I found that I had a lot of gently used or unused duplicates for the baby, so didn't need much for him. Since the newborn weeks will be a blur and 3rd tri a little difficult, I'd anticipate what LO1 will need during that time - thing
  • Congrats!! Good to see another PAL on here.  My 2 will be 18 or 19 months apart, so I didn't really see a lot of need to het duplicate stuff. We did get another crib & are using the other furniture in one of the guest rooms for this LO.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • We didn't get a second high chair, we bought a booster chair with a tray that strapped to one of our kitchen chairs.  It is nice and a space saver.

I have a double stroller .

We also have two of the cloud b night light animals.

N

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Congrats! Someone was just paging you on Aug 12 the other day.

My girls are 15 months apart and here were the things that we bought:

a crib (DD1 just transitioned to a toddler bed a month ago so if you are planning a bassinet i

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!! Congrats!!! I missed your announcement!!! My boys will be just over a year apart (probably within a week!). 

This thread has been great advice!  The only thing different I'm planning is I will be getting a second high chair.&nbsp

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Congrats!!!! I was also a Aug 12 mommy! (but my little guy came on the 28th of July) and now due Nov 26th! So I think we are in the timeframe again!!! 

This post has been great help! I was racking my brain on what doubles of things I would n

IMG_4833 IMG_0119 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"