Third-Party Reproduction

Intro + DE cycle question

Hi, all.  I know some of you ladies from other boards.  I failed my third IVF in February -- I have an issue where my eggs just don't seem to mature, no matter what the protocol.  So, after a lot of tears and soul-searching, I am moving on to a donor cycle in June.  I currently have one more OE treatment cycle (a natural cycle IVF, at the suggestion of a new doc) scheduled this coming month but I might cancel it as chances of success are quite low and I could really stand to put those thousands of dollars toward the donor cycle.

I had been looking at agency donor profiles since December or so, got more serious about it a few weeks ago, and finally found a donor my husband and I are happy with.  The only downside is that she lives halfway across the country, so travel is an added complication.  But she's a med student and has donated (and has traveled doing so) several times so I think there is a much lower chance than average that she will change her mind. 

A question for you ladies who are in or have done DE cycles:  when did your suppression phase start in relation to your transfer?  I'm expecting periods roughly April 25 and May 23.  The donor cycle will be in the second half of June. If they have me do BCPs, will those start at my April period?  How about if I'm doing Lupron suppression instead?  I know I should ask my clinic, but I haven't had the chance yet, and the materials they gave me aren't very clear.  What would help me out are some examples of what ladies here have done in this regard.  (I'm a planner, can you tell?)  Many TIA.

Re: Intro + DE cycle question

• I had a month of BCP and Lupron suppression. Started BCP on 2/21/13, began Lupron 20units/day on 3/8/13. Last BCP on 3/12/13. My donor's expected ER is between 4/2-4/4. Congrats on finding a donor, deciding to move forward with DE is hard. Hoping tha
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • imagemoonaggie:
    Hi and welcome to the board!  I know your decision to go with a donor was not an easy one, as it was not eithe
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, happywife!  No, I don't have nearly enough planned between now and June.  Perhaps I need to pick up a new hobby or two.  ;-)
  • We did a fresh donor egg cycle in December. If I recall, I was on BCP's for a good while before just in case a donor came up sooner than expected. When I "officially" started my cycle, it looked like this:

11/10/12- IVF #1 cycle begins for me! Lu

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Hi Brooklyne! No advice but yay for finding a donor! I'm sure this was not an easy decision for you but welcome to the board.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• jcathjcath member

Welcome to the board.  I'm sorry about your failed cycles, but congratulations on finding a donor and getting started on DE!

I did a frozen DE cycle at RBA and they don't use BCPs for any IVF cycles.  I just started lupron a few days be

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePetraStonegirl:
    I went with frozen egg DE IVF, so I can't answer your specific questions. However, I wanted to welcome you to
  • image2MamazInSeattle:

We did a fresh donor egg cycle in December. If I recall, I was on BCP's for a good while before just in case

• imageBeckyP005:
    Hi Brooklyne! No advice but yay for finding a donor! I'm sure this was not an easy decision for you but welcome to
  • imagejcath:

Welcome to the board.  I'm sorry about your failed cycles, but congratulations on finding a donor and getting star

• Sounds like you have a good game plan started and done your research well. I will for sure be following your journey to DE as I may have to go this route sooner than later. Good luck
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"