Military Families

Ft. Hood wives?

My H and i just PCSed here with our 8 week old we decided to live on post per several recommendations, and after having been here only a week have discovered that there is a roach infestation in the unit we are in.. I have never had to deal with this in my life, and am worried about my son's health. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem i am going to be dealing with for the rest of our time here? We called in an order for pest control but they have yet to call and schedule a spraying. Does anyone know if we will need to cover furniture, and stay in hotel for a night when they do finally come? Would we have better luck avoiding this by looking for something off post? I won't lie, i am having trouble sleeping at all knowing that there are these little disgusting creatures in my house. I am kind of freaking out. We will likely be here for the rest of DHs contract and this is a really bad way to start off our time here.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Ft. Hood wives?

• I was at Ft Hood. The Roaches are awful, and I'm sorry you are having to deal with them. I'd call again for pest control, sometimes you just have to keep pushing til you get what you want. We had them come a few times in the 2 years we were there, neve

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"