Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Is my baby spoiled? Teething?

It seems that lately my DD (7mo) will not go to sleep during the day unless I nurse her. At night for the last several nights it has been the same way. She will nurse at about 8. Fall asleep. Wake up within 30 minutes, she's usually pretty inconsolable. Paci doesn't work. She will turn her head away while screaming and crying as if she is mad that I am trying to give it to her. At my wits end I offer the breast. Which she will nurse for a minute and then turn her head away, nurse again turn her head away. She will do that repeatedly until I can get her to take her paci and pray that she falls asleep. Sometimes it works sometimes I have to nurse again. She has been doing this for the last several nights about every 1-3 hours. She used to only get up once a night at about 2-3 am. I never went thru this with the other two. They slept great. I'm alone because my husband works out of state so I have no help.

Re: Is my baby spoiled? Teething?

• Not spoiled. The usual culprits are teething, growth spurt, and illness. Many babies need to eat to fall asleep-it is very normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you aren't happy with the way things are going you could start a CIO method of your chose and be persistent with naps and bedtime and MOTN. That's what helped us. My dd never nursed to sleep but she was waking up and comfort nursing 2 to 3 times a nigh
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLatham12:
    If you aren't happy with the way things are going you could start a CIO method of your chose and be persistent with
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • imagepumpkinhead4:

imageLatham12:
  • Not spoiled.
  • Okay now it's not every 2-3 hours.  The last two nights it has been every hour.  I'm not sure if she is teething.  I see no signs on her gums but she is fine during the day.  Goes to sleep in her carseat or ride quietly when I go to pi
  • imagetrendy2:
    Okay now it's not every 23 hours. nbsp;The last two nights it has been every hour. nbsp;I'm not sure if she is teething. n
  • imagetrendy2:
    Okay now it's not every 2-3 hours.  The last two nights it has been every hour.  I'm not sure if she is tee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"